Dakota Digital dash install

John3179

Jun 14, 2020
Maryland
I installed a Dakota digital dash in my 90 foxbody and now have idle issues, I used the new temp sensor in the kit but did not wire into the computer I used the new wiring and wired into the DD controller. Could this be the reason I’m having idle issues? If so does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Is this a sender that came with the DD dash?
And where did you install it, with pics if possible, sometimes worded description can be confusing.
There is a sensor installed in the heater tube on the passenger side of the engine for the computer, a sender for the temp gauge on the drivers side of the lower intake behind the ac compressor.

did you install the resistor to jump the alternator exciter wire. You don't wire the DD dash into the EEC. You wire all the sensors and tap into the factory wires coming from the stock dash harness for the gauges, turn signals. high beam and other warning ligjts.

That's all we get? 'I fixed the issue' (that nasely, squeaky voice again) like the hours of research and years of experience does not mean a thing!
What, did you just forget to attach a wire or maybe misplaced the car battery and don't want to admit it was a simple fix and it's going to remain a mystery for eternity?
INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!
maybe I should cut back on the coffee a little. :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
That's all we get? 'I fixed the issue' (that nasely, squeaky voice again) like the hours of research and years of experience does not mean a thing!
What, did you just forget to attach a wire or maybe misplaced the car battery and don't want to admit it was a simple fix and it's going to remain a mystery for eternity?
INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!
maybe I should cut back on the coffee a little. :oops:
You were expecting something else? The guy got on here specifically to ask that question, he figures it out on his own in the meantime..........
*Poof*

You were expecting something else? The guy got on here specifically to ask that question, he figures it out on his own in the meantime..........
*Poof*
Just do'n my job here bud, just do'n my job.
I like to entice a resolution out of these posts, actually I just want to know at what point he decided to read the instructions

My swan song thread...

Does anyone know how to fix the lean on the Foxbody?

Then I will wait three days, and my last post will be...

"Nevermind, got it fixed."

Then I will disappear forever.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users