Damn Another 351!!!!!!!

D.Hearne

Sep 29, 2000
south louisiana
I don't understand this, these 351's keep landing in my shop. Last week it was a 351C 2bbl headed motor with an Edelbrock 4 bbl intake, TRW forged pistons and a Comp CAms 280H bump stick. This week its a 71 351W that's never been taken apart. These things are getting in the way of my other projects. Maybe I'll plant the 351C into the 89 RAnger. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm definately selling the windsor. And I'm trying to figure how much it'll cost to put the Cleveland back together before deciding on whether or not to put it up for sale. The block and heads got a clean bill of health today from my local auto machinist ( nothing cracked or warped) the heads need new valves, the guides are OK and have been machined for PC seals. The bores will cleanup with a good honing ( water in the cylinders but not there too long) The crank just needs polishing, been turned 10/10, pistons started to scuff from over heating , the PO installed one head gasket backward ( seems to be a common thing to do around here :lol: ) The piston skirts have no wear at all. Cam will be OK with new lifters. :D The Edelbrock intake also got a good glass beading to clean the fire ants home there left after I evicted them with a garden hose. :rlaugh: Anybody got a cheap set of chrome or aluminum valve covers to get rid of for a Cleveland? I had two sets last year but the last set left with the Kid's 77 F100 when I sold it.