Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I believe I could use this setup but how does one go about hooking this up??? Just the piece from amazon, the other wheel was just for reference even though I’m sure all you guys know what that piece is, ha ha. Has the wiring from the back of the buttons ready to go Im just not sure how I’d wire this to make the horns work. Thanks!
251D2A47-3DC1-4C61-9483-A6A07BCA6B98.png
97E27D85-077E-4692-A3CF-B4B8FBEF349B.png

• Sponsors (?)

Just buy a tilt column and do the swap right.
Looks like you been spending a lot of time fixing and cleaning things up (doing a nice job from I can tell), be a shame a this point to rig up a horn.
I think the bottom line is you need the adapter contact so the wires don't get wrapped up around the wheel.

One day some old lady may come into your lane and you really do need the horn quickly.

Besides that setup looks like it's right out of the original fast and furious.

Just buy a tilt column and do the swap right.
Looks like you been spending a lot of time fixing and cleaning things up (doing a nice job from I can tell), be a shame a this point to rig up a horn.
I think the bottom line is you need the adapter contact so the wires don't get wrapped up around the wheel.

One day some old lady may come into your lane and you really do need the horn quickly.

Besides that setup looks like it's right out of the original fast and furious.
If some old lady came into the lane, I doubt a fully functioning horn with the button in the factory location will matter one little bit.

If some old lady came into the lane, I doubt a fully functioning horn with the button in the factory location will matter one little bit.
I agree, I have not had a working horn in my car since I bought it.
I do believe that if some geriatric moved over into your space and you do sound the horn they will likely react by slamming on the brakes and we know what can happen then.
Also if a dog or other animal (not a cat, they will dart out in front of you just to eff you up) when you sound the horn they will stop and look at you.
I'm not say'n you should not fix it.

Ok so I opted against the fast and furious nitrous express button thingy. So picked this kit up at autozone. I’m just trying to rig something so I can honk for inspection. I’m not sure if I’m suppose to buy a whole new relay or use the existing horn relay to which I have no idea where it is. I know this is probably super easy for a lot of you but wiring is not my expertise and just suck at it. Found the horns, and what I think might be the relay but not sure. My car is a 91 so if you can help me out I’ll take it. If there is an easier way I’ll listen to that to thanks guys.
E8FD2393-9A97-417F-A114-00FE459817DF.jpeg
E7C05019-694D-4FE5-9ACA-D7026D1C0614.jpeg
5296D91B-416A-4E36-8AD3-F58E68069E48.jpeg
1A1D7231-17ED-4942-B517-1964BBE01EB7.jpeg
B21751AC-0201-47C3-91FF-FEEB460F5822.jpeg

I don't think you need the relay here. You aren't running a high current horn. You just need to ID the two horn wires on the colume, tap into them and install a button to connect them.

I'm at work now (not that I would really call it work the Friday after Xmas) but my 91 wiring diagram manual is home. I can get you two colors to tap into in the colume. Just tap into those, run your wires to your button and you should be good to go.

I don't think you need the relay here. You aren't running a high current horn. You just need to ID the two horn wires on the colume, tap into them and install a button to connect them.

I'm at work now (not that I would really call it work the Friday after Xmas) but my 91 wiring diagram manual is home. I can get you two colors to tap into in the colume. Just tap into those, run your wires to your button and you should be good to go.
Cool that would be appreciated thanks

It's a high current air horn. The factory uses a relay, don't need a 2nd one. I have the same horn from HF.
EVTM_p081.jpg

Not needed though. Just ground that wire and your horn should beep.

That means tap into the wire, connect to horn button, connect other wire to any metal chassis ground and call it a day

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Well so this horn deal never actually happened this far. I ended up having friend get me the hook up and got the pass for the safety inspection. By the time I did this, got the wipers and motor back on, fixed the fuse to my blinkers it was easier just to throw the guy a 20 and pay the 7 bucks for the inspection. So now to my real issue which I’ve yet to figure out. So car cranks, runs fine. I’ll drive it out somewhere runs great, highway no problems. When I get off the highway and roll up to a light and have to sit there waiting is when it can start to get sketchy. It will idle fine then fluctuate a little then just shut off. Cranks back on and off I go trying not to get caught at another light. It has the original IAC and tps sensor. So last night tested the tps since it was set during my tune. With key forward it read 0.98 and warmed up running read 1.05, I have a new IAC and tps sensor that I bought awhile back but never put on. I had this issue after the top end was finished and got it back from the dyno tune. 1st the TFI module went bad, slapped a new one on and it cranked. Not long after that it kept wanting to idle out while just sitting, to which it was summed up to be the pick up coil so I picked an autozone piece, got it in and timing adjusted to what it was before and we are off. This issue seems to be once the car has been driven and warmed up a bit. I can cruise it for awhile, runs great on long straight open roads and like I said earlier I’ll get off the highway etc get to a light, throw it in neutral and it will kinda idle surge and drop out and turn off. This keeps me from wanting to drive the car more bc I don’t want to get stuck in traffic. Any ideas? Those tps reading seem normal don’t they?