Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Well got to get and drive the car around and met up with another local guy who followed my mustang page on insta, dunno if any of you all are on there. Got my regular @roverman80 and my Austin area mustang page @foxbodymustangsofaustin hit me up if you on there. Any ways so I got ended deciding to to run my stock bumper since it’s still good and picked up a daniel
Carpenter cobra grill insert with a black horse, has a little rough spot but guessing it’s where it broke off from the molding, as well as some gloss black s550 5.0s. Hard thing is I got a roller and damn it if the car doesn’t look bad all clean and no badges. I mounted the black 5.0s with some gorilla tape to see what they look like. I also have my old 5.0s but one is mounted on the wall and the other I turned into a magnet which is on my tool box, but I also put that one on just to see which looks better. Those black ones look pretty sharp, only problem now is the fact that my cobra badges left their mark since being on forever, so I’m not sure if I want to mount them.
6D088C9B-A63B-4A6E-93EC-B5C5B88EC0E5.jpeg
25E262A4-B974-4446-BAD6-0B5E42EF2762.jpeg
76B9230E-E9E4-4EB7-80B8-ED409D2C349C.jpeg
934D669B-C1CD-4959-9C13-EBD2CBA167C6.jpeg
618A046E-6A80-4F6A-A6DE-3341035AC559.jpeg

Those are s197 5.0 badges.

The s550 ones are a bit more squared and truer to the old 5.0 shape. I have a set of flat black ones, but haven't put them on because I hear mixed opinions that coyote badges= coyote swap

IMG_3946.PNG

Those are s197 5.0 badges.

The s550 ones are a bit more squared and truer to the old 5.0 shape. I have a set of flat black ones, but haven't put them on because I hear mixed opinions that coyote badges= coyote swap

IMG_3946.PNG
Ah yes you are correct dang it!! I remember looking at the ones you have but they were flat black and went with these bc they are glossy thinking they were the same, hmmm to keep these or go with those like you have, or just keep it clean with no badges.

Did those old badges pull paint off Devil?
I heated them up, then took some thin line and got them off, but they left a lot of gunk behind. So I heated that a little and was able to remove most of it, used some rubbing alcohol to get the last of it off. They have been on for a good while, so idk if the clear pulled or what. I waxed both sides hoping it would buff out but seems as though they left their mark.

As much as I like debadging. I feel like the 5.0 is a recognized emblem even from non-car people...especially with new 5.0's out on the road. I also think Infiniti and some other makes are starting to do fender displacement badges again. It would be funny to see a nice big 5.0 instead of the typical 3.7 or 2.0T or other smaller displacements you see these days....even if the smaller engines are probably making more power :(

But it's bad enough I still get the..."That's a Mustang??" remark from people in their 20's who see the car.