DAN CARLSON REALSPEED TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

347 SUPER PRO BULLET WITH LESS THEN 5000 EASY BREAK IN MILES ON IT IS BROUGHT TO DAN CARLSON AT REALSPEED NEW YORK IN LONG ISLAND TO PUT A V-1 S TRIM EITH A 3.33 PULLEY ON IT INSTALLED AND TUNED.. HAS IT FOR OVER MONTH AND HALF..... GIVES IT BACK, I DRIVE HOME TO BROOKLYN IN SNOW,,,, NEXT DAY IT GETS HOT OUT SNOW MELTS N IT DRIES UP OUT.. I TAKE IT OUT AND CAR STALLS OUT ON HIGHWAY,,, HORRRIBLE WITH TRAQFFIC BUILING BEHIND ME TILL I CNA RETSTART HER.. N THEN KEEPS STALLING WHEN APPORACHING STOP SIGNS AND RED LGIHTS.. CALL HIM ELT HIM KNOW... DRIVE IT DURING WEEK IT KEEPS STALLING BRING IT BACK OUT TO HIM FOR WHAT HE SAYS ARE "NEEDED ADJUSTMENTS TO THE SETTINGS OF THE COMPUTER" DRIVE BACK TO BROOKLYN.. TAKE IT OUT THE NEXT DAY AND THE BLOCK CRACKS... RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE... I JUST HANDED HIM 3800!!!!!!!!! AND THE BLOCK CRACKS.. I CALL DSS THE THINGS OUT OF WARRANTY BUT STILL DSS STANDS HEIND THEIR PRODCUT AND TELLS ME WELL "WORK SOEMTHING OUT TO GET YOU A FORD BOSS BLOCK SHORTBLOCK" HES STANDING BEHIN HIS PRODUCT AND IS GOING TO HELP ME..... I ASK DAN HOW MUCH TO PUT THIS IN AND HE TELLS ME 2500.. AFTER I JUST HANDED HIM 3800 AND IT PRETTY MUCH BLEW UP RIGHT AWAY... AND THIS IS ALSO AFTER I BUILT UP 00 THAT I OWEEEEEE HIM FOR TAKING OFF THE INTAKE UPPER AND LOWER...BECUASE WHEN IT FIRST WENT I THOGUHT IT WAS A HEAD GASKET AND I AHD THE CAR FLATBEDDED ALL THE WAY FROM BROOKLYN TO HIM TO BE LOOKED AT... SO HE HAS THE INATKES OFF AND FINDS THE CRACK SO I OWEEEE HIM 500 FOR THAT STUFF AND HE WANTS 2500 MORE TO PUT IN THIS BLOCK THAT I MIGGGGGGGHT BE GETTING......... THATS 2900 IN REALITY TO TAKE OUT A SHORTBLOCK AND PUT ANOTHER IN!!!!!I TELL HIM "YOU KNOW DAN DSS IS WORKING WITH ME MAYBE YOU CAN WORK WITH ME........ BECUASE MUSTANG MAGIC SAID THEYD DO THE JOB FOR AROUND A 1000 IF I SUPPLY THE GASKETS OIL AND ANITFREEZE BUT U WAN 2500....... IM TRYIGN TO STAY WITH THE GUY AND GIVE HIM MORE BUSNESS EEN THO MY MOTOR JUST BLEW......NOW I DIDNT ASK HIM TO MATCH MUSTANG MAGICS 1000 I JUST ASKED HIM TO WORK WITH ME ... I GET AN EMAIL TELLING ME THAT IF I DONT TRUST HIM TO COME GET MY CAR AND FLATBED IT OUT OF THERE... GUY BASICALLY KICKS ME OUT MEANWHLE I ONLY ASKED TO BE WORKED WITH..... I JUST GAVE HIM 3800 FOR A INSTALL OF A BLOWER,, WHY WAS IT SOO MUCH BECAUSE I NEEDED THE 60 LB INJECTORS...AND OTHER MISC. PARTS..... ALL I ASKED WAS TO BE WORKED WITH AND THIS IS WHAT I GET,,,, ID BE GIVING THE GUY OVER 6 THOUSAND IN A 2 MONTH SPAN GOD FORBID ALL I ASKED WAS TO BE POSSIBLY WORKED WITH BECUASE I WAS REACHING THE UT-MOST END OF MY FINACNES AFTER SEEING HIS JUST BROKEN IN DSS SUPER PRO BULLET CRACK LIKE A BAG OF POTATO CHIPS.. O YEHA SHE ONLY MADE 47 TO THE WHEELS AND IT SPLIT IN LESS THEN 7 HOURS OF BEING DRIVEN... AND WHEN I WENT TO HIM................... I TOLD HIM I WNATED A SONSERVATIVE TUNE CUZ I DIDNT WANT TO BLOW THE BLOCK..... HE TUNED IT TO THE TUNE HE FELT WAS THE TUNE THAT I ASKED FOR!!! AND WITHING 7 HOURS IT BLEW 7 HOURSSS !!!!!!!!!! THE GUY WAS TELLING ME TO USE A 3.12 PULLEY I SAID NO USE ONLY A 3.33 I DONT WNNA BLOW THE BLOCK GO CONSERVATIVE HE SAYS OK,, AND THEN WHEN IT CRACKS HES TELING ME OHH THESE BLOCKS CANT HANDLE THIS,,, THEN WHYD U F-ING TUNE IT TO THAT TUNE WHEN I TOLDDDDDDD YOU I DONT WANNA BLOW THE BLOCKKKKKKKKK

• Sponsors (?)

I REPEAT I NEVER BLAMED ANY1 IN THIS INCIDENT I DONT KNOW WHOS AT FAUT OR WHT THE HELL AHPPENED IM JUST STAING THE EXPERIENCE OVERALL... DSS IS WORKING WITH ME STANDING BEHIND WHAT THEY DO,, EVEN THO IM OUT OF WARRANTY AND THE OTHER PARTYS IS KICKING TELLING ME TO FLATBED MY CAR AWAY... TERRIBLE

That sucks, hopefully it gets worked out regardless of who's fault it was.

You should invest $150 in a nice craftsmen took kit and start doing work yourself. Those prices you're paying for labor just to do an engine swap are outrageous!

Oh and NEVER take your car to mustang tragic ;)

Sorry to hear your problems. I have delt with both shops. I at this point do everything myself. But if i had to trust any one of the fore mentioned for tuning I'd without a doubt go to MM, unless your able to tune it yourself or leave NY.

As for the DSS pro series motors. I cant see how they rate those stock blocks with fancy maching to make more power. I think its a advertise scam personally.

In RealSpeeds defense You cant expect a shop to help back you $$$on a swap when they didnt even perform the swap the first time(if thats what your saying here)

Good luck with your swap. It took a few incidents such as this before I said its time to wrench everything myself. And now that horror show motor swap is really a cake walk. $2500 for a motor swap alone is sick and he prob doesnt want to even get involved with your project for some reason or another.

Theres always 2 sides to every story. A stock block can crack at anytime as it depends on alot of variables was it weak prior to the tune? So it may not be all on Real Speeds own doing.

How much RWHP/TQ was it making on that conservative tune? how many lbs of boost. With a 3.12 and your combo id guess 12-13lbs.

tstang90 i indeed know that there is two sides to every story,, thats why i tried to not point blame any1....... all i asked was to be worked with.... i just ahnded you 3800 instead of 2500 for shortblock swap i would have liked to hear" you know i cna do it for 2250 sonsidering the situation." the gnine builder is willing the work somehting out even tho the motor is out of warranty...... this guy at realspeeds needs to take a step back and realize that we dont know how this block cracked..... step back and say wow i just tuned this kids car and pretty much the block immediately split..... somehting isnt right there... and cosidering hes making like 45 more horse on a very similar setup with his own car,,, and his car doesnt hae a girle on it mine does..something is fishy somewhere ,, but like i said im not blaming any1... if any1 would like to see the emails that were sent back and forth between me and this guy youll see how he basicslly just doesnt give a **** that he tuned a car and it immediatly split the block...... theres a time when u have to stand behind your work to some degree,,, i really do hope i get asked to see these emails becuase the way i got treated i find absolutely amazing,,,telling me to have my car flatbedded away and that no more work will be done on my car....... dude u just made 3800 and basically my motor blew right away..... the car was given to me in a condiiton that it kept stalling out, so first off the car was never ready to be given to me,,,,,,, i brought it back to find out why it kept stalling... he makes "adjustments" and the next day it splits right down the middle,,,, and when it cracked i wasnt not at full throttle only like 3/4 throttle so lets get serious...... and id like to know why he doesnt wat to do the work on my car as you said for some reason or another,,,,, in my mind the way he acted and the way he spoke in emails juts shows that he wont stand behind his work... email me @ [email protected] to see these emails and youll see how paying customers get treated..and my dss motor wasnt the pro series.. it was the super pro series....... i was makin 457 @ 6200 at the wheels cosnidering i split the block at around 5500 rpm is amazing cuz at that mark im only making around 405 hp.... alll i ask as a paying customer is that you stand behind your work especially if you damn well know that you yourself are expensive. you cant just be tuning cars and they split the next day and u tell your customers tooo bad gimme more money....hes seems ,,, let me ask how come DSS is willing to work out a deal but my tuner who just got alot of money from me didnt even have the deceny to say wow this sucks i just tuned it,, ok instead of 2500 2250 ,, i was asking for a small discount..... is dat much to ask considering i was going to be giving him over 6 thousandddd in a two month span... if some1 came to me giving me 6 grand in two months id be cutting him some sort of discount,,, for christs sake the guy still charges me tax..............cmonnnnn mann

I INDEED KNOW IT MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN REAL SPEEDS FAULT,, BUT CONSIDERING I PAID RIGHT AWAY,, YOU GAVE ME THE CAR IN A CONDITION THAT IT WASNT READY TO BE DRIVNE OFF .. YET U TLEL ME IT IS AND I STALL OUT BASICALLY EVERYWHERE I BRING IT BACK AND THEN IT CRACKS,, WELL SOMETHING IS FISHY.... AND THEN TO TELL ME 2500 FOR AMOTOR SWAP WAS LIKE A SLAP IN THE FACE CONSIDERING THAT HE COOOOOOULD NOT SAYING WASSS COULD HAVE BEEN PART OF THE PROBLEM..... I WANT YOU TO ENTERTAIN YOURSELF AND TAKE A LOOK AT THESE EMAILS FROM THIS GUY ,, EMAILS THAT HE SENT TO A PAYING CUSTOMER AND YOULL COME TOO SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT........AND WHY PEOPLE SAYING NOT TO GO TO MUSTNG MAGIC.... IM TRYING TO GATHER ADVICE SO LET ME KNOW WHY U CALL THEM MUSTANG TRagic

@ this point im considering parting the car out ..... the blower doesnt even have 200 miles on the damn thing..... ive got a lentech tranny lots of good parts and it all went boom right after it was tuned.......another shortblock and then that crazy ass price for a lock swap is too much for this poor bastard to pay

this is tech how??? how is becuase i seeking any advice on what might have happened and where to go... do do ur crap swap.... i spent alot here and am looking for advice from any1 thats willing to give it... have a heart ,, guys talking about moving my thread,,, go do ure explorer swap......

No need to see any emails from you 2. I have had my own personal share of BS emails and phone calls all similiar to what your experiencing w/ tuning issues.

Actually another close friend with a blower fox body also regrets using him and his car ran like balls and he'd never go back. This all when I said DONT GO THERE.

Mustang Tragic is referred to as that way by guys who have bad experiences that way its relative to there name. GRNLX has a bug for MM. So he always refers to them as Tragic.

From a tuning standpoint they make numbers and have no where near the horror stories that you are experiencing plain and simple. When your using a chip and have no tuning knowledge MM is the only place on the Island that can tune or for that matter work on a mustang its plain and simple.

No shop will ever have 110% positive feedback from each and every one of there customers. Things do go wrong.

But the next time I need any tuning done I'm going back to MM.

And Im not taking sides here trust me.
I have had my own high dollar carnage in my past and from what I'm reading values that much further exceed your experience. But over time I have learned that its not always the tuner its the parts you have in it also.

DSS imo is crap and when push comes to shove lets see how well they stand behind you. Actiosn speak much louder than words.
And if they do thats great fix it get it retuned by another place and enjoy the car.
It sounds like you have a nice set up once shes operating well.

Speak to any good engine builder and see what they say about a stock block holding there 650 advertised number SAFELY and for a LONG time.
I'd say 8 out of 10 will say no way. I know mine laughed.

I think your motor broke or split as the block was it was weak. I don't see how his tune broke and esp split your motor when you weren't even beating the car. To split a block you need to be making power and be abusing it.. A bad tune at cushy driving will not spit it. It will do other stuff but certainly not split it.
But as much as I dislike RS tuning abilities I don't see from what you said so far how he split your motor. And why he should help you out in a motor swap.

He runs a business one in fact thats performance related imagine if every customer that he added something onto there car that was in a financial pinch and went out and broke something that he had to offer them a discount.. It's part of the car hobby unfortunately. Things break you wanna make power and this is part of the risk that roles along with it ESP with power adders. I have been thru several motor combos due to power adder nightmares..My current ride is NA makes great power and 0 headaches.

I had a 560 rwhp Vortech car. And I don't miss it.

I feel your pain.

What you choose to do with you current car situation parting it out or repairing is your decision. But like said before your very close to finishing it if DSS is really going to stand behind you on this one.

Best of luck to ya though.

Also 457rwhp is in the top of the safe zone of a stock block. And thru an auto its a decent power making tune and he uses a mustang dyno.
I think esp when you asked for conservative which shocks me cause he doesnt typically make numbers there.

I ran 460rwhp thru a stock block for a while never split it. Guys make 500+ rwhp and never split it. When you run a stock block and try making power its a crap shoot.

yea but the point of this story isnt oh it broke and im pissed ok so it broke...... i never blamed him,,, i neverblamed dss... for christs sake im asking to get cut a breka on paying tax on the friggin swap or some break anyyy kind of break hes still gonna make money........but me asking for a sliggghtly lower price for a short block swap warrants him turning into jeklyll and hyde and telling em to be there on mondya and to have my car flatbedded off his property???? becuase he doesnt do "free" work as he said.... he should have just kicked me in the nuts,, it would have felt better.............

DSS is a larger company and for them to step up is much easier, then a normal shop owner. Plus they will now get a $4000+ sale with a BOSS block shortblock, and you will be a happy customer who will return and give them props. When dealing with a stock block it is always touchy even with a good tune, we've broken them with 300RWHP and had them hold 600RWHP....go figure :shrug: Really until the motor is apart and inspected by a professional you'll never know why it broke but the #2 main is very weak and with a blower I bet it went there first ;)

$2500 is high for a motor swap alone but once you add in breaking down your broken motor to add the heads, induction, blower, electronics etc to a new short block it adds up quick and maybe that is where that figure is coming from. I agree that it shouldn't be stahling and carring on when you got it back, that should have been taken care of no questions asked.

Since you got a email from the shop owner about his displeasure word must have gotten around to him that you were looking around, possibly bad mouthing him. No shop owner wants that, hell the internet can break you over night.

If you like the car, I wouldn't part it out you have a lot of good parts that if still in good shaope can be swapped to a Aftermarket block and live a long happy life if all tuned and assembled properly, although nothing is 100%.

im ging to call tom at dss back monday as he said to becuse the dss people have some sort of function this weekend,, he already stated that hell work out something with me to get me a "boss block" stroker shortblock,,, lets see what kind deal they give me.... illl repost if they help me out to let yous know

rick 91 gt here the dela that got me amd and why i finally asked to be worke with,,, he took off the uppe lower intake fuel rails,,, to find what happened he found the crack,,,, he said ok your up to around 460 dollars for what weve already taken off the motor,,,, now mind you the inatkes fuel rails that stuff is already offf the motor,,,, he wnats anotherrrrrrr 2500 to take off the rest of a already 1/4 disassmbled motor and to put the new shortblock in... hes trying to double charge me you alreaddddy have the intakes off so ure gonna charge me again to take them off when theyre already off for a swap???????

and heres the topper im not even keeping the blower rick91 im done with forced induction that quickly ...i wanna go n/a so putting the superharger back on isnt even in the equation ya feel me... its take out the rest of the already 14 dissasembled one and drop the new one in i alreay have to give him 460 for taking off the inatkes,, and another 2500 for swap thats basically 3000 for a shorrtblock swap

Rick build this guy a motor.

To the original poster I can see why he doesn't wanna deal with you.

You cant expect anyone to give you a free ride. And sales tax is sales tax he's not charging you it, he's collecting it. days of cash no tax are going away rapidly.

You brought your car there to see what was wrong you obviously agreed for him to start tear down on his hourly rate. He did found the problem and called you. Wheres the problem??

Your pissed off and bashing this guy cause you currently arent financially able to cover the tab which sucks. And for the $200 in sales tax that you wanna save would that really makes thing better for you? But to come on a site and bash a company for what your point is crazy.

You'll be back bashing DSS in a few days too. Because there not giving you anything for free and even with a new block you still have to assemble it.

And For the record I hate Real Speed more than anyone out there.

He never agreed with you or spoke prior what if its broke how much more would it be, He found a problem gave you a price in fact that your unhappy with so now you decide to say F it no way.
Thats your call.

i alreay have to give him 460 for taking off the inatkes,, and another 2500 for swap thats basically 3000 for a shorrtblock swap
There was no trouble shooting prior?
Is that all he did was take off the upper and lower intake for $460?? That's 5 hours at $90 shop rate an hour. Unless thats includng tax

im finding it hard to believe any of this but Id like to know.

dude im being seriousssssss... i can foward you the picture of the crack that he sent me,,, youll clearly see that the inatkes fuels rails etc is alredy off the motor dude.....and i paid 250 to tow the car to the guy which i paid cashhhhh im getting kicked in the ballz everywhere