Dan02gt's '91 Lx Hatch

Dan02gt

mazing how much gas smell came from that tiny hole
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Greenville, NC
Hello everyone I figured it's about time I make a formal introduction and post some pictures of my car. I've owned a hand full of Mustangs over the years including a '90 GT, '96 GT, '02 GT, '06 GT, and a '11 GT. About 5 years ago a I sold my '11 GT and bough a SUV to pull my boat and be used as a general family vehicle and honestly I didn't really miss it. Well fast forward to last summer my wife and I were watching the Wheeler Dealers where they did a fox body GT. I mentioned to my wife that I would really like to have a fox body and she said well when are you going to get one. So the search began. My requirement were:

1. Had to be a 91-93 as I wanted an original pony wheel car
2. Had to be a LX hatch because that's the car I wanted in high school
3. Had to be an original V8 5 speed car.
4. Had to be as stock as possible.
5. Had to have a clean title.

Well I found the car a few weeks later. A '91 in black. 137K miles, clean Car Fax, Recent paint, good interior, but needed some minor mechanical work. So it came home with me.

So far I have completely redone the suspension including:
Steeda springs
Koni Srt.t Shocks and Struts
Steeda bump steer kit
Ford Racing front A arms
poly sway bar and steering rack bushings
Ford Racing rear upper control arms
MM lower control arms
MM sub frame connectors
MM lower K member brake

I also installed the MM brake upgrade kit and Stoptech rotors. Not the upgraded brake some of you guys have but they work pretty well for street driving.

I had the clutch replaced with a RAM HDX and installed a aluminum drive shaft.

The previous owner had ran the rear end low on oil and damaged the bearings and axles. So I had it rebuild and installed 3.55 gears.

I have always loved the Pony Rs. So I bought a set, 17x8s on the front with 245s and 17x9s on the rear with 275s. Love them!

I drive the car a couple of times a week and took it on a 120 mile road trip yesterday. I honestly can't believe how good it drives.

Anyway thanks for looking and here are some pictures:
20170129_134400.jpg
20170129_134349.jpg

20170129_134727.jpg
20170129_134551.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I appreciate the compliments guys. It's definitely not on the level of some of the builds I've seen up here, but it's a good driver.

Reactions: 1 user