Progress Thread Darkfader's 93 Gt Progress - Back to work

• Sponsors (?)

MOAR PARTS

Ford Racing 3.73’s for the rear end. Hopefully these will be a good match for the trickflow top end kit I have planned. Either way I’m confident they will be an upgrade from the stock 3.08’s. Still expecting a couple more deliveries this week. Stay tuned.
F228B030-EB1A-4446-8B0F-E9462295FCF1.jpeg
E413DB08-D797-4A21-ABDD-CD08F2849AE3.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
And I know I’m a little out of order on this purchase, but I snagged these today. Some minor wear on the drivers side, but otherwise comfy and possibly a good start to a black interior conversion. I know they sit a little higher than the originals, so if I don’t like them, I’ll just sell them. Gotta love leather.

B22A98CD-A520-4416-A483-51DF5B134498.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Thats why the contractor said the new loo had to be 50' from the back of the house. The property runs slightly down back there. He also told me that the hot was placed on the left so right handed people didn't burn themselves. :jester:

Reactions: 1 user
A few more items arrived this week while I was away. The parts pile is growing but I still need a bunch of items to complete the brake swap.

Moser Fox length, 31 spline, SN-95 flange axles

68DB1A24-94DD-491F-8818-D788A5804586.jpeg

Rear calipers

30F734C8-EFE8-4AAC-B3DC-A31DE7197039.jpeg

Drilled and slotted rear cobra rotors

5245A43F-B504-4F02-995C-2EBE3569AD03.jpeg

I still need E-brake cables and probably some miscellaneous hardware to complete the rear half. Oh yea, and moan braces and dust shields. Damned elusive moan braces.

Construction crews still haven’t begun the garage so I’m just in a parts collecting mode at this point. I do have a sweet rectangular patch of dirt with a driveway leading up to it though. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Ok. Crisis averted. Lol. Through my research, I had read that Fox flanges were a hair too big for the inside of the ‘99+ rear rotors, so I just automatically ordered the axles with the SN-95 flange thinking that’s what I needed for these rotors to fit properly. There’s several threads stating that folks needed the inside of the rotors machined out to accommodate Fox flanges.

These axles are Fox length, just a slightly smaller flange in order to accommodate the later year rotors. Fit is perfect. Forgot I need lugs as well.

35DE2787-F98F-4244-999E-B65EA543288A.jpeg

Gorgeous 5L5! So stoked to get mine apart. But I refuse to do this project outside. Lol.

Today and tomorrow will most likely be the last time I drive the car until winter is over. I found a custom paint shop somewhat local and the owner has a very nice 93 GT and is a mustang fan in general so I’m taking it by there to get an estimate on new paint and body work.

I figure the plan is to dismantle as much as I can down to roller status, and trailer the car to him for the work. I’ll have the engine on a stand and be able to work on that over the next few cold months while the body is being freshened up.

I had toyed with the notion of doing the paint and body myself, but too nervous that I’ll end up with something I’m not happy with. I’m a beast with an airless and drywall, but it would be my first venture into automotive body work so I doubt it’s a good idea to learn on this car.

That means all these brake parts will end up staying in boxes for a while because I figure there’s no sense in sending the car for paint on new wheels and suspension.