Engine Dart block install and I cant line up motor mounts

93silverlx50

Jun 12, 2017
So i dropping in my new motor, dart block, and I cant line up the drivers side mount. The mounts are on the block and they wont line up to drop in. I got the passenger side done but the drivers side, nope. I wrestled with it for hours. Tranny is hooked up, im wondering if I some how got the drivers side and passenger side mounts mixed up. Can someone post pics if their mounts labeled with drivers side and passenger side? I did notice that they were a little bit difficult to screw into the dart block, they didnt seem to fit just right.

• Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• 20180603_080837.jpg
    20180603_080837.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 290
Thanks for all the replies. I trimmed the mount a little as well as the ridges on the block that were causing the issue. I got both in and threaded the drivers about as deep as a regular nut. (Not the mounts nut but a nut without a washer) im hoping that once I get it running itll vibrate down to where it needs to be. I did notice some x type bracing under the front end (its a vert). They seem to be preventing the motor from settling all the way down, about an inch or so. I need to pull these off and see what happens.
20180603_151150.jpg

IRC, the motor mounts are side specific and almost identical in appearance. It would be easy to get one mount on and not have the other one line up.

Reactions: 1 user
With mine I ended up being able to get one side in, just lightly thread the nut on to hold it in and was able to lift the engine to the side with the nut on and then drop the other side in, still took a small pry bar to pop it in the hole but wasn’t too bad.

Last edited: