Dash Illumination

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
93 Lx dash lights are not as bright as they should be. The inst panel has aftermarket white faces. Is it possible that the white faces are obstructing the illumination to some degree? I figure it’s another layer the bulbs have to shine through. I already replaced all missing and burnt bulbs.

It still has stock bulbs. Are the LED replacements any brighter and maybe they could improve the situation?

• Sponsors (?)

yes the overlays make it harder and the stock bulbs are horrible. get a set of LED's. know they a + and - polarity and have to be installed with the polarity correct, You can check this easy with a 9v battery and test leads. mark the + side of the LED and then trace the + tracer on teh circuit board for the dash. worse case if you installe some backwards you will just need to remove them and fli the bulb over.

I put these cheap eBay Jtech led’s in the Inst panel today. They light up nice and only cost $8. They’re bigger and may not fit in other applications. They won’t fit the climate control panel. These are the white ones but I just ordered the blue to see how they look. The bright spots near the center of the needles are not visible in real life. The camera is washing out there because the light is only slightly brighter there in real life. Im very satisfied given the cheap price.
955C15D1-5B28-44FF-96B9-9E2603A9CC69.jpeg
20F3832D-658F-419E-AB89-D16DE6761740.jpeg