Dash Lights

Yesterday i turned on my headlights and the light by my oil pressure gauge isnt working now so i need to replace it. How labor consuming is this gonna be? i dont want this to turn into a three hour project anyone know remember mine is a eighty four so the dash is different

• Sponsors (?)

It isn't too difficult a job.You just take off the instrument cluster cover by removing 3 or 4 screws that you can see by looking up under the lip of the dash pad and then you take out the instrument cluster by removing a couple of more screws.The hardest part is disconnecting the speedometer cable as you have to push on a tab as you pull and there isn't much room.I usually push the tab with a long screwdriver as I pull on the cluster.Then there should be two wiring harnesses that plug into the cluster that you remove by squeezing the tabs on either end and pulling.The lights fit in to sockets that twist into the back of the instrument cluster.You might be able to get them out without taking the cluster out completely,I have never tried.

If you have skinny hands you can slide them back there and change bulbs without removing the cluster from the dash hull.

All of the bulbs are #194. You can install brighter LED 194 bulbs if you'd like.