Dead Pedal Installation

FortySix&2

Oct 24, 2001
Madison Wi
I was browsing parts on eBay and noticed some oem dead pedals. I didn't realize fox Mustangs had them from the factory. My 89 LX never had one.

Did some searching here and I didn't really find any info on them. I am unable to get to my car right now and was wondering if the cars have the holes already or do you need to drill holes to install?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Yup, i added one in my ‘88. The metal is there with two dents. Predrill, and use a self tapper.

I forget the breakdown on which cars got them. I think only manual cars did. So my car being a former AOD needed to add it. I use it all the time

I believe it was an option at some point because I used to own a one owner 90 lx hatch with all options and it had one. I've had a few since then all without out it. I've owned two GT's and both had it. My coupe doesn't have it but also had cloth interior so again I'm assuming it was an option

I've got the 03-04 pedal set in my car. The cover does work on the fox dead pedal. Or just buy a complete one.

Just noticed today that mine has a dead pedal...but I’m guessing it was installed by a previous owner. Need to get a closer up pic
F51D737B-E873-446C-BAA2-EDD65B309A41.jpeg