Decision Time: GT or No GT?

Losing Louie said:
I know its crazy making. The longer I wait, the more I want the studly colors like black or red. I even considered yellow.. There is a screaming deal on a yellow one on ebay right now. Anyway, perhaps its good that you don't buy the first one you see. Hey, does that refire have any pink in it, or is it more of a burgundy? Some pics make it look kind of pink.

Well, until I get one of my own, I will just keep playing that drive off video in the gallery section. Gives me bumps. Take care and M.C. L.L.

Yes, the Redfire does have a taste of the pink. Not too much. Just depends on the lighting and angle you are looking at. Pink is good :p

• Sponsors (?)

Don't listen to what other people on the internet tell you is a "good color". You may find that you like mineral grey very much and will be happy with your decision, but you might also be kicking yourself the first time you see a blue GT roll by you on the street. Call around and find a blue one (even if it is a v6) in your area and look at in in person...and in the daylight (versus indoor showroom lighting) if you can. Do the same for grey. The key is to decide for CERTAIN which color you want, and then hold out for it. Maybe I have more patience than the average guy, but personally I would NEVER settle for a color I didn't want, due to availability limitations, becuase everytime I would see one in the color I DID want, it would feel like a kick to the gut. A $26,000 car is a BIG purchase (for most people), so don't settle for ANYTHING less than EXACTLY what you want. When the time comes, you'll be very glad you waited. It may seem tempting now to get your hands on any color you can, since these cars are in such high demand, but trust me, in a year you will see one in every parkinglot, and you will hate yourself if you settled for a color you didn't REALLY want just so you could be the first kid on the block to have one.

Good things come to those who wait.

Scot_94GT said:
Don't listen to what other people on the internet tell you is a "good color". You may find that you like mineral grey very much and will be happy with your decision, but you might also be kicking yourself the first time you see a blue GT roll by you on the street. Call around and find a blue one (even if it is a v6) in your area and look at in in person...and in the daylight (versus indoor showroom lighting) if you can. Do the same for grey. The key is to decide for CERTAIN which color you want, and then hold out for it. Maybe I have more patience than the average guy, but personally I would NEVER settle for a color I didn't want, due to availability limitations, becuase everytime I would see one in the color I DID want, it would feel like a kick to the gut. A $26,000 car is a BIG purchase (for most people), so don't settle for ANYTHING less than EXACTLY what you want. When the time comes, you'll be very glad you waited. It may seem tempting now to get your hands on any color you can, since these cars are in such high demand, but trust me, in a year you will see one in every parkinglot, and you will hate yourself if you settled for a color you didn't REALLY want just so you could be the first kid on the block to have one.

Good things come to those who wait.

Thank you for your thoughts. Yes there is something about this process that makes you want to shoot the first bear you see. You are wise. In regard to a V-6, Uh Uh :notnice: That car is too pokey. Ford should have bought their engine from Honda, then at least it would have an adequate 240 h.p.. That WOULD be sad to see my wife creaming my new mustang with her Honda ACCORD.

The color thing is wierd, the more you look at them, the more you lose your ability to see the differences. And then, just possibly, it really doesn't matter. Then you talk to someone about your new obsession, and they say something like, OH, don't get the redfire one, that color is so TIRED. And you start over. OOps hear comes the madness again. Best, L.L.

Losing Louie said:
In regard to a V-6, Uh Uh :notnice: That car is too pokey. Ford should have bought their engine from Honda, then at least it would have an adequate 240 h.p..

I didn't mean to buy a v6, but rather find on in the color you want so you can actually see in person what it looks like, to make you color choice more concrete.