delayed throttle response

tealstang67

May 19, 2009
I have some issues that i do not know where to start looking for answers. First off i just finished my a2a intercooler project and now with the same tune that ran fine with out the ic it dies at lights and also has a delayed throttle response very noticable. Any suggestions or help would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

Is your EGR system working properly? I had very similar issues when my EGR was being bypassed via disconnected lines and a plugged line. I plugged in the EGR, reset the computer, and the car ran like a dream afterwards. No more stalling, no more throttle delay.

Thanks but i don't run an egr though. Actually my bypass is routed in to where the egr used to be.:D .
That may very well be the issue - the bypassed EGR. Do you have the EGR being bypassed via the EEC? Otherwise it'll keep thinking the EGR's just malfunctioning if I'm not mistaken. I chased my stalling issue for months, and plugging the EGR in solved the issue.

the egr is turned off in the tune. I am starting wonder if my manifold settings,injector offset, or maybe even the maf curve is off now that there is an intercooler in the mix. Going from 200 degree act to 100 degree act could be the problem. I am just not sure where to start. I have got hours invested in this tune and looks like i get to start over once again.:(

but that is why i bought the tuning stuff so atleast i will learn what to do.

Damn, unfortunately I don't know anything about tuning with something like a Moates, Anderson, or TWEECER. Hopefully someone can come in here with more information that can help you.

Can you tell if you are running leaner with the a2a installed? do you have a wideband? Remember, cooler air means denser air. I would get a good long datalog and see if you can see anything. I got a moates quarterhorse too and love the thing so far. Got it just about a month ago.

The best i can tell my WB says afr is still virtually the same but the idle is so bad i cannot drive it hardly at all. Does the ic piping and ic add to the manifold volume? I have also been reading up on the idle procedures and TB air flow and also dash pot settings but not to willing to start changing things till i feel like i am heading in the right direction. Any way any thoughts would be great.