Deleting map light and sun visors????

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Do they make a delete piece or kit for the map light or the sun visors? The reason i ask is because i have never owned a fox where the map light worked and besides that its ugly and mine just hangs down because the clip is broken. I was thinking id just rip it out and replace the headliner to cover it with since it needs replacing anyway but i was curious if they made a delete piece to cover it with or something?

Also my sun visors are in piss poor shape, and when i take the t-tops off they are in the way. Do they make a delete kit for those? Has anyone taken them off and covered them with headliner? If so pics please!

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I love my maplight, reminds me of the one I had in my German Capri II. People would usually grap it and say "What's that ??" I do need new sunvisors though, but I can't find any I like. I am not aware of a delete kit.

what color is your interior? don't throw it away if its black.

people pay good money for black stuff, some even in piss poor shape. took me awhile to find good visors like i have.

If you recover the headliner, you can cover up the visor mounts, as well. I wouldn't do it myself though. I use my visors just about every time I drive the car in the evening. If you don't like how they stick out into the t-top opening, flip them forward, against the windshield. That's how I keep mine.

If you recover the headliner, you can cover up the visor mounts, as well. I wouldn't do it myself though. I use my visors just about every time I drive the car in the evening. If you don't like how they stick out into the t-top opening, flip them forward, against the windshield. That's how I keep mine.

It has a grey interior.

No im definitely dead set on deleting the visors and the map light at this point. Im going for the clean look and would rather just cover it up with headliner. Well im offshore right now and wont be home for 2 weeks, geez this car has got me so excited. Im at a point with my 99 where ive done everything i want to do to it with the exception of rear coil-overs and a couple other odds and ends. The 87 has resurrected my love of mustangs!

Man I hope you enjoy it with no sun visors. That has to be the dumbest thing I ever did . I have a jeep wrangler and hated the fact that the r just there if I took the top off. Prob is every time i drive in the morning and evening I wish that I never took them out. Only problem is i broke one off and it was the d side.Now lets just say I am up stream and have no paddle. Just my 2 cents.

Man I hope you enjoy it with no sun visors. That has to be the dumbest thing I ever did . I have a jeep wrangler and hated the fact that the r just there if I took the top off. Prob is every time i drive in the morning and evening I wish that I never took them out. Only problem is i broke one off and it was the d side.Now lets just say I am up stream and have no paddle. Just my 2 cents.

god forbid you have sunglasses or anything, i dont have sun visors and its not even that bad, i hardly use them in my truck unless you're like 5' 5" i dont see an issue

Like the others said, just recover the headliner...but don't buy that overpriced stuff that Latemodel Supply sells. Find a local fabric place that sells headliner material(i go to Joanne Fabrics, they are a popular store so should be in your area). JF always has a coupon also, look around when you walk in for a flyer. Last headliner i did, the headliner material and including a can of spray adhesive from them, cost around $16. Its a pretty simple job.

Like the others said, just recover the headliner...but don't buy that overpriced stuff that Latemodel Supply sells. Find a local fabric place that sells headliner material(i go to Joanne Fabrics, they are a popular store so should be in your area). JF always has a coupon also, look around when you walk in for a flyer. Last headliner i did, the headliner material and including a can of spray adhesive from them, cost around $16. Its a pretty simple job.

yup, and if you find a wholesaler its even cheaper, minus the precut front carpet i spent $55 on my interior