Department Of Boost Supercharger (eclispe Tomorrow!)

Davon Ervin

Mar 27, 2017
Hopefully everyone is having a great day. Aug 21st is the eclispe! Do not forget guys! I have changed my mind again. Instead of going turbo or buying a GT500. I plan to buy a department of boost supercharger kit. I brought my 06 GT about a year ago and never knew you could use a factory gt500 supercharger on a 3v. I'm a complete noob to forced induction and need people with experience. I want a nice street monster! I'm sick of getting beat by AUDI 2.0t and 335i haha (My car is one stock) anyone have experience with department of boost???

• Sponsors (?)

Hopefully everyone is having a great day. Aug 21st is the eclispe! Do not forget guys! I have changed my mind again. Instead of going turbo or buying a GT500. I plan to buy a department of boost supercharger kit. I brought my 06 GT about a year ago and never knew you could use a factory gt500 supercharger on a 3v. I'm a complete noob to forced induction and need people with experience. I want a nice street monster! I'm sick of getting beat by AUDI 2.0t and 335i haha (My car is one stock) anyone have experience with department of boost???

I do not have experience in adding supercharger to cars But if I was gonna supercharge the 3v I would go with the eddlebrock supercharger because it looks like a very nice unit that is priced in range of a centrifugal supercharger or mild turbo set up. Starting from scratch and piecing a kit together is time consuming and the stock early model superchargers are not that great.

Attachments

• IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: 1 user
I do not have experience in adding supercharger to cars But if I was gonna supercharge the 3v I would go with the eddlebrock supercharger because it looks like a very nice unit that is priced in range of a centrifugal supercharger or mild turbo set up. Starting from scratch and piecing a kit together is time consuming and the stock early model superchargers are not that great.

Very well said! I'm open to everyone's opinion because I do not have extra money to waste haha I want to supercharge once and do it right. I'm going to look into the Edlebrock. Believe it or not a lot of people have told me the same thing haha Nice pic man! Down here in South Carolina.. this pic I took was right before the moon completely covered the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.PNG
    IMG_1108.PNG
    395.4 KB · Views: 137
I didn't get complete coverage That was as much as I could see with out bringing out the welding mask. I just used the selfie feature on the phone to look at the sun. How many miles are on your car? Is it manual or auto?

Car has about 115k miles on it. Car runs like new imo! Haven't had any major issues so far! *knock on wood* it has an auto trans but I'm looking to upgrade to a 6r80 or manual swap years from now. Not really on the list of things to do right now. I also want to build the bottom end because I'm afraid with that amount of miles on the car. The bottom end won't hold 400 plus rwtq.

Car has about 115k miles on it. Car runs like new imo! Haven't had any major issues so far! *knock on wood* it has an auto trans but I'm looking to upgrade to a 6r80 or manual swap years from now. Not really on the list of things to do right now. I also want to build the bottom end because I'm afraid with that amount of miles on the car. The bottom end won't hold 400 plus rwtq.