Deposit, is it refundable

damills

Sep 3, 2004
Morristown
If I decide to get out of my deal, 05 Mustang on order, can the dealer keep the deposit ($500), seem with these cars being in such demand, a deposit refund would not be a big deal, there is nothing in the documentation I have?

• Sponsors (?)

I originally put 500 down on a black 05 GT but when I saw the Silver which was my first choice at a different dealer I got that one. The original dealer refunded the 500 without a problem and sold that black 05 on the same day :D

damills said:
If I decide to get out of my deal, 05 Mustang on order, can the dealer keep the deposit ($500), seem with these cars being in such demand, a deposit refund would not be a big deal, there is nothing in the documentation I have?

They can if they want. I geuss. I tried to get out my my deal because I ordered 9/28. I still have yet to get a VIN number. Found a comparable GT in South Dakota so I put it on hold. Contacted the dealer I ordered with and the SOB said they would not refund my money. Can you believe it? The car has Not even been given a VIN number in 12 weeks of waiting. Then they wont even give me back my deposit if I cancelled. Anyway, I had to release the car I had on hold so some other guy could buy it. To top things off this was the same day the memo came out about no IUP's till February? I was steaming....Anyway, its up to the dealer if they want to refund you money.

Good luck!