Describe the changes you felt after installing aftermarket lower control arms.

• Sponsors (?)

MM LCA's, it felt like someone/thing was pushing the car as I accellerated. Didnt notice a huge difference, but the car felt different.

At the track I actually pulled slower 60' times, BUT Im pretty sure that ha something to do with me not running in over a month and my All-Season sumitomos lost whatever bit of traction they were giving me, i mean they didnt want to hook for chit. On top of it all it wasnt my best day at the track and the best run I had we didnt get any slips bc some douche took out a light pole :nonono:

I' want to hit the track again soon and try to get as many runs in as I did when I ran my personal best so I can fine tune my launch. I know a 1.9 is possible. By then Im sure this thread will be dead, so I'll bring it back to life and post slips.

subscribing, good question propellerhead, I remember reading some negative things and would like to hear
about them as well- and yea, helty, I have not been very impressed with the sumit... either, I guess the added torque transfer to the ground could have broken them loose easier!!

I installed Steeda's alum adj lowers and stl adj uppers on an '03 Mach1. I already had the MM Panhard Bar installed so the changes that control arms make in lateral control were not felt as much. The biggest reason I changed the lowers was the Mach started getting a small amount of wheel-hop on hard acceleration which the control arms cured. I changed the upper control arms to adjust the pinion angle after the change of ride height from the MRT spring install.

I could not tell by the seat of the pants if they actually helped acceleration times but I can tell the rear is more stable and launches straight on take-off and will get off a corner with more control and stability under hard acceleration.

propellerhead said:
I have a set of Maximum Motorsports LCAs in the trunk of my car, waiting to be installed. I'm just wondering what to expect.

Does your car stay straight during burnouts? Or does the ass end still sometimes move to the left?
It stays perfectly straight while on the line-loc. :nice:

Im sure the LCAs are doing what they're designed to do, but they arent magic. If you're on street tires and you get on it too hard, they'll break loose and kick sideways. (coming from experience)

I installed MAC lowers and uppers in a 4spd '82 5.0 capri, and the difference was night and day, but the original stuff was so worn out, the axle had a ton of slop. after install, the car handled waaaaay better,:nice: and had a much smoother ride. axle hop was completely gone, but then the car didn't have much power either:notnice: . on a newer car, if the suspension isn't worn, im not sure how much difference it would make. how hard the bushings are should make a big difference in how the affect the car also. (harder=tighter supension, but more N.V.H.)

propellerhead said:
I have a set of Maximum Motorsports LCAs in the trunk of my car, waiting to be installed. I'm just wondering what to expect.

Does your car stay straight during burnouts? Or does the ass end still sometimes move to the left?
I have MM drag race lower control arms. They really stiffen up the rear end of the car, and help plant the rear wheels. The difference will be noticeable. :nice:

I installed the MM drag arms that have spherical bearings on both ends and subframes at the same time.

I noticed a huge handling and stability improvement. have a very hard time getting the rear of the car to slide out now. with the stock stuff I could get the rear to step out very easy around a corner.

as for launch the car is more stable and predictable but my spring choice prevents any amazing traction.

o3redfire said:
subscribing, good question propellerhead, I remember reading some negative things and would like to hear
about them as well-
and yea, helty, I have not been very impressed with the sumit... either, I guess the added torque transfer to the ground could have broken them loose easier!!
what the heck did you just say?

I just got the MM drag race LCA's (all spherical bushings) a couple weeks ago but havent had a chance to go all out with them to see what performance difference i noticed. Stupid job.:notnice: But, the things that i did notice on a daily driver aspect is that they do transmit a bit more road noise. Nothing to horrible, you have to be really listening to notice. Also, the ride is a tad stiffer, but i definately feel the road variances a lot more. For example, If I go over one of those lane divider reflectors, i really feel it now through the car and steering wheel. That could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. But otherwise, for normal non agressive daily driving, its still really good.

tomustang said:
what the heck did you just say?[/QUOTE
I remember someone saying that they did not like the noise that came from the rear after the install or something like that. It is kind of like lowering springs, most people are so quick to say how great the brand they chose are and don't talk about the constant scraping and harsness of the ride. Sometimes you end up putting too many mods on a car and one day you want to sell it because it is a pain in the ass to drive on the street. I'm not saying thats what the lower control arms do, that is what I was trying to say, in the highlighted words, like spederman said dude!!!!
Is that a picture of you with the redface in your avatar-j/k who is it?

I finally got the Maximum Motorsports LCAs in. I've only had them in for a few hours. I can feel the road more too. Much like having your rear tires overinflated. I haven't been to the track but when I punch it on the streets, it feels more predicatable. It will still slide sideways sometimes but when it does, it's a smooth sway. Not jerky fishtailing. When it does stay straight, the peeling out is smoother. Much like when you do a burnout at the track. Not choppy or skipping (wheel hop).

I noticed a creaking sound when I get to a stoplight or stop sign. Kinda like a door opening in a horror movie. It doesn't do it all the time. Just on occasion. Anyone else get that creaking noise? Does it eventually go away?

back_in_black said:
tomustang said:
what the heck did you just say?
I remember someone saying that they did not like the noise that came from the rear after the install or something like that.
They should've installed them right then ie: put grease on them then

back_in_black said:
Is that a picture of you with the redface in your avatar-j/k who is it?
Yes. Do you like Phil Collins? :)

98stangv8 said:
I put on the granatelli upper and lowers...when I went to the track...I didn't fishtail as bad all over the place...reduced my 60' about .2.
WATCH OUT FOR DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMSLCA.jpg

GMSLCA4.jpg

Yeah the powdercoating is THICKER than the metal :nonono:

I thought I got to everyone about this?? Granatelli stuff is junk, shtty welded in a 3rd world country and a HUGE risk on your life.

Please REMOVE them so you can continue to post on the forums :)