Desperate Newbie Help~ Diecast/Model 1966 Coupe

Leandra

Jan 21, 2010
Hope I'm not intruding here, but I'm a middle-aged woman who knows little about cars, and I was hoping this might be an appropriate place to find some direction. For my mother's 60th birthday I am wanting to get a diecast/model 1966 Mustang Coupe as it was her first love. I have poked around online but seem to be coming up empty. I don't know if a collector's piece was made in her colors or not...don't know if I should try to find a model kit and try to commission someone to build it for me and handpaint (I don't dare try to take this on myself). Her car was a hard top with white exterior and red interior...and a thin red horizontal pinstripe down both exterior sides. Can anyone point me in a good direction with suggestions? Many thanks for any help provided! :)

Leandra

• Sponsors (?)

I have noticed that it seems to be harder to find models or regular Mustang coupes. It seems that most of them are Shelby or Convertible etc.

There are a couple of options. You can get a new one or a vintage one. Some of the vintage models are really cool, but I don't know if you want a used one as a gift or not. Does it have to be a 66? There seem to be a lot more 65 models. They are basically the same.

Also, What price range are you willing to spend? Some are only 10-20 dollars, while others are close to 100 dollars.