Detailed: 00 GT - Minor Paint Correction / Gloss enhancement

The white pad doesn't have much cut, so your paint was probably pretty decent to begin with.

I had to use the CCS yellow, orange, white, and finally black on mine and that didn't even get "all" the swirls out. But I wasn't using a super aggressive polish.

I used to tape everything off too, but it was such a hassle and I found not really necessary.

Keep a spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol & water. Then just be careful around trim when polishing and any polish that gets on it can easily be removed with the alcohol/water mix. Then, for the final wax/sealant/whatever, just do the large areas with machine and detailed areas near trim by hand. Way faster than taping.

Not to mention I've had tape leave glue and had to remove that...yes, even painters tape has left glue for me.

thanks for the tips. im aware the white isnt very aggressive, which is why i used it after the orange pad to clean up any micromarring left behind. white works great for very mild polishes. an inital use of a yellow pad on my paint just would not have been necessary. the combo of the 721`and the orange pad pretty well done the job for the 'heavy' areas.

taping the car off took me about 30 min. IMO, its time well spent. several products out there will stain trim. its cheap insurance and less hassle than to try and keep the pad off the black pieces. no residue left behind with the tape i use.

• Sponsors (?)

^ shade generally is due to an object(s) blocking the direct sun rays. because of that, the objects play off the paint as reflections. i purposely took the shade shots.

ill stick with my shady pics and you can have your sunny ones :nice: