Detailing products for black trim pieces?

• Sponsors (?)

I use Mothers Back to Black. Works great. I use it on anything black and molded. Window trim, engine bay parts, etc...

3773165050_b5aa5f559e_b.jpg

I've had bad experience wiht back to black as it tends to run after rain shower or being washed. I just don't like he greasey feeling afterwards nor does it last very long. I personally use a carnuba wax on the back plastic such as mirrors, cowl, ect as most wax will leave a white residue and ruin them pieces the carnuba wax seems to renew it nicely and lasts for sometime.

I use the wax as u dry spray on the black trim pieces as I spray the car when dryin. It has carnuba wax so it leaves it looking like new. Dust doesn't stick and it doesn't run with water.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had bad experience wiht back to black as it tends to run after rain shower or being washed. I just don't like he greasey feeling afterwards nor does it last very long. I personally use a carnuba wax on the back plastic such as mirrors, cowl, ect as most wax will leave a white residue and ruin them pieces the carnuba wax seems to renew it nicely and lasts for sometime.

If you dont like that greasy look or feeling just use a dry rag and buff it out.It will still stay conditioned but not be greasy or have that wet shiny look.:nice:

Yeah, I actually wiped it down with a damp cloth afterwards followed by a dry cloth so it wasn't so shiny and thick...I tried this on my old s10 and my friends avalanche. I know a couple others that have had the same issues but everybody has different expectations and most people say i'm too picky when it comes to this stuff anyway? :shrug: lol

Give it a try and see how you like it, it's cheap enough to where you can give it away worst case scenario.:nice:

I have found here in Des Moines a company that has everything for detailing your Mustang. Prevettes Ricks Best exterior trim treatment is great. After the second application the plastic looks new. I'm not sure what it does in the rain because my CS dosn't like the rain. You can check out all their products at [email protected]