Detroit Area Mustang guys

Any gravel pit or landscape company, I'm lucky to have one down my road, but go in and ask to get your vehicle weighed, and pay like $5.00 or something and they usually never give you a problem.

As far as Telegraph McDonalds is pretty gay, on certan nights police to break up things a lot, other nights it's awesome. Joy road and Telegraph is the place to go though. Gratiot is wayyy to much rice for me. There's not as much rice at Joy.

• Sponsors (?)

gtrackd02 said:
Alright it's decided I'm taking my car on the hotrod power tour this year...
I was wondering if anyone in the greater metro area or anywhere in the state was goin...? I'm lookin to hook up with some people to drive down to Arlington texas for the start.. It ends up at lambeau field in green bay wis.
Any one who wants to tag along or ride with..pm me...
My car is nothin special just a basic bolt on gt.... Anyway hope some one from the d will be goin.... let me know!!!! :nice:

I would love to go, I think it would be a blast. But theres no way I could get the time off work. Especially this year, I am going to save all my vacation time so I can go to some of the NMRA races if my car ever gets finished. Some of these rules are getting very expensive to meet.

Jeez.... I live in st clair shores... nothin but crap around here...... As for gratiot, I've got pretty lucky with the cops over there... I'm on borrowed time in roseville...lol

Does anyone post BEFORE they go out cruisin.. Iwould love to hang out with some other stangs in the summer... seems I'm the only one of my friends thats still into cars...
kinda sucks, but hey what are ya gonna do?

HemiChallenger said:
I've seen you before then always rolling in with a car load of people in a red GT convertible with a blower?

Thats probably me you saw then. Normally Ive got a Black saleen convertible and a laser red roush in tow with me. Next time you see me up there say what up! I live about 2 minutes from there, so Im there alot.

Champ10187 said:
any of you guys ever cruise woodward? theres always stuff goin on in the parking lot at 13 and woodward on the weekends.

I live on woodward in august. Once that really nice evening weather hits you know its almost dream cruise time and woodward starts jumpin. I go to Dugans alot and sit up on the balcony alot. We should have an official Midwest Stangnet meet up there soon as the weather gets nice!

gtrackd02 said:
Jeez.... I live in st clair shores... nothin but crap around here...... As for gratiot, I've got pretty lucky with the cops over there... I'm on borrowed time in roseville...lol

You and me both. I had a perfect driving record all summer, now its been tarnished with a speeding ticket while going to work. points=harrasment!

gtrackd02 said:
Does anyone post BEFORE they go out cruisin.. Iwould love to hang out with some other stangs in the summer... seems I'm the only one of my friends thats still into cars...
kinda sucks, but hey what are ya gonna do?

I post if Im going someplace I dont normally go. My routine is pretty regular. If its not raining, I go to gratiot at about 9, hand at Biondes til about 12, then I hit randazzos til I get tired or badly beaten :p

I get pulled over every time im out there!!! I usually deserve it, but they let me go all the time...(knockin on the desk!) So from all i've heard on here... if i wanna cruise somewhere other than gratiot it's either woodward or telegraph.. Also from the way it sounds im gonna need another 150 horses to play with some of you guys.... good thing i finaly have a second car! You're all in trouble now!!!!jk

sorry i have one more thing to add...... Dale, i used to go to Detroit Speedworks for alot of my stuff. well they are now merged with Livernois, You live near there right? Have you had anything done there or checked it out at all? I was wondering because my next round of mods is comin up... tryin to find a good shop. I can only do mostly basic stuff myself so i have to spend more per mod than i would like, but i want to find a shop i can trust...blah blah Thanks!

gtrackd02 said:
sorry i have one more thing to add...... Dale, i used to go to Detroit Speedworks for alot of my stuff. well they are now merged with Livernois, You live near there right? Have you had anything done there or checked it out at all? I was wondering because my next round of mods is comin up... tryin to find a good shop. I can only do mostly basic stuff myself so i have to spend more per mod than i would like, but i want to find a shop i can trust...blah blah Thanks!

I live about 2 miles from Livernois. They are actually on my street, just a couple miles to the south. Ive never had anything done there myself, Ive done all my work myself. I need to start doin this stuff out of my garage!
Although I know they obviously have a pretty good reputation, the only person Ive ever met that had extensive work done there had NOTHING good to say about them. He was extremely disappointed with the service he got and he bought an entire new motor and blower setup from them.

Dale Royster said:
I live about 2 miles from Livernois. They are actually on my street, just a couple miles to the south. Ive never had anything done there myself, Ive done all my work myself. I need to start doin this stuff out of my garage!
Although I know they obviously have a pretty good reputation, the only person Ive ever met that had extensive work done there had NOTHING good to say about them. He was extremely disappointed with the service he got and he bought an entire new motor and blower setup from them.

Great.. well since i'm drivin that far.... Ill just buy the parts and go to your house!!! lol what do you charge per hr? I wish i had the balls to install evrything myself... I'm afraid to mess with alot of it like gears ,suspension stuff.... I did the basics myself exhaust, plenum, shifter..all the easy crap..
Well anyway ill be over tomorow so you can install my new vortech......

So, Today I decided to spend a couple grand!!!!
I just orderd BBk longtubes and a shorty x to go with, Steeda heavy duty aluminum upper & steel lower rear control arms, And My favorite part A Baer claw 13" front brake kit with slotted crossdrilled rotors front and rear.... They even threw in a shorty billet antenna for free!!! whoooo hooo.....
So Dale......about that garage......lol

Good to see some Michigan stangers here.. I'm in Southfield but in the summer I'm all over the place.. We should definitely put together some type of ride out... Also where is DTS? I need my 4.10's installed as well as a trans cooler kit... I contacted Livernois and they quoted me a price of like $600.