Diablo Chip

blasterx

May 19, 2003
GA, USA
Okay I got a diablo chip from PartShoper and it came in yesterday, I took out my ecu, used the little green pad to sand down the connectors... I sanded it down till the pad turned in to dust and string in my fingers, theres nothing left.

So, I cleaned the contacts very well, used the alcohol pads.
Car wont start.... Theft light blinks.
I contact PartShopper and DiabloSport via email. No response...
So I start looking in to matters myself and found that my computer FAZ2 is one of the KNOWN computers to need jumper modifacations inorder to work.
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/diatrouble.htm

Perhaps I should have ordered the chip from them as they will put in the jumpers and fedex it back to you for an extra $25.00
I don't know if partshopper will do this as they have still not replied...

Anybody else have this problem?
How did you fix it? Did you put in the jumpers yourself? It looks ticky to me...

Main reason I posted this is for someone down the road to see as they search franticly for a solution. If I get this working im going to toss a tutorial up on my website detailing these issues so that others can save time.

• Sponsors (?)

blasterx said:
Okay I got a diablo chip from PartShoper and it came in yesterday, I took out my ecu, used the little green pad to sand down the connectors... I sanded it down till the pad turned in to dust and string in my fingers, theres nothing left.

So, I cleaned the contacts very well, used the alcohol pads.
Car wont start.... Theft light blinks.
I contact PartShopper and DiabloSport via email. No response...
So I start looking in to matters myself and found that my computer FAZ2 is one of the KNOWN computers to need jumper modifacations inorder to work.
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/diatrouble.htm

Perhaps I should have ordered the chip from them as they will put in the jumpers and fedex it back to you for an extra $25.00
I don't know if partshopper will do this as they have still not replied...

Anybody else have this problem?
How did you fix it? Did you put in the jumpers yourself? It looks ticky to me...

Main reason I posted this is for someone down the road to see as they search franticly for a solution. If I get this working im going to toss a tutorial up on my website detailing these issues so that others can save time.

Take the computer out of the car and take it apart then clean it. You cannot get all of the crap off of the terminal with it in the car. If the terminal feels waxy keep scrubbing. I just went through this trust me just take it apart. Oh and also forget alcohol and use either brake cleaner sparingly or use electrical contact cleaner.

BTW diablo has virtually no tech support so good luck.

The terminal dosnt feel waxy.
It had that crap all over it when I started and I kept sanding till it went from a silver color to a copper color, then cleaned off the contacts with more alcohol. Is this what you did?

There are rare instances when the jumpers need to jumped. We never know when a computer needs this done but it does happen on occasion.

Diablosport will do this for a charge and you will have to send it to Diablo to have this done. You can call us and we can get you the info you need. We cannot set the jumpers as it takes a very skilled eye and small sauder gun.

Cheers
Mike

I completely disassembled my ECU..... If you have a dremel, it does great with the brass wire wheel. Just hold it perpendicular to the pens and clean them off to a nice bright shiny gold color. From my experience, the theft light blinks when you have bad connections.......did you connect EVERYTHING back the way it came out of the car????? I know the main harness has to be in SNUG, along with the 3-4 other connections

yeah its got a good connection, and the car starts with the chip out. Partshopper had me send it back so it can be re-flashed. i fedex'ed it to them and it arrived today... we shall see if that works. if not they said i might have to send the computer in and get it jumped

had to jumper my 99 F150 that i chipped...superchips sent me detailed instructions and pictures. Was not hard to do. Junk solder gun (bought it for the one time use) and some solder. Keep the tip clean by wiping the tip (even if it hot and plugged in, but not a problem if brand new gun) on a wet rag and usually the posts to be jumpered are right next to each other so one drop will do you.

Yeah what happend in the end was I sent the chip back to Pro3 and they reflashed the chip and sent it back to me. I put the chip in and it worked. I guess something went worng with the programming the first time

I am thinking of pulling my Superchip and going with the SuperChip Tuner. You get a handheld thingy that holds three tunes for different applications such as with nitrous, n/a and so on and you can change the program through the obdII at your will.

LsRedy2Kstang said:
I am thinking of pulling my Superchip and going with the SuperChip Tuner. You get a handheld thingy that holds three tunes for different applications such as with nitrous, n/a and so on and you can change the program through the obdII at your will.

how much would cost be on one?