Diablo chips?

mys2kal

Jul 13, 2003
I bought a diablo chip today, and I was just wondering what people thought of them. are they any good. as i upgrade my motor will the chip be good or will i need to take it out. i drove it a few miles tonight but i wasn't able to really get on it to tell if it helped or not.

• Sponsors (?)

I had one in for awhile, but eventually took it out when I started having problems with my P.A.T.S. system. I could tell a little improvement up top, but there were some custom features on mine (it wasn't an off the shelf). If you ever decide to do any major motor work or get new gears, the chip will have to be reburned.

I have one and I really like it, but it was dyno tuned for my blower.

The chip really has nothing to do with the performance, it is the program that your tuner puts on it that matters. Tuners will usually have a chip preference because they are more familiar with the software of a particular brand.

Don't expect too much from an off-the-shelf chip. Also, don't expect too much if you don't have many mods. The stock computer is pretty good up to a point. Once you get more mods then look into one. I had about every bolt-on available and still ran the stock tune. I didn't get a chip until I got the S/C.