Diablo Predator

sullygtstang

Dec 1, 2004
georgia
I just recieved my Predator and i had a few questions i knew the experts and stangnet would know. If i wanted to update my Predator with the update on the website, do i need to have the PC interface kit? And when i am first plugging my Predator in the car, do i have my key on the ON position? Is the tune on the Predator enough? Or do i need to take it to a local tuner?
Thanks-Sully

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you will need the PC interface kit if you are going to update it. The current rev is r50d and it will show on the screen when you first plug it in as to which rev it has.

You first plug it in with the key off.

If you car is stock or mild mods, CAI and exhaust the turner is fine as it comes.

hotrodnut said:
The current rev is r50d and it will show on the screen when you first plug it in as to which rev it has.

You first plug it in with the key off.

If you car is stock or mild mods, CAI and exhaust the turner is fine as it comes.

The current rev for 2005 Mustang GTs is not r50d, it is actually r21, so you should see r21 after startup. If you don't see this go to the DiabloSport website and download it. Your Predator should be up to date, but there is a chance it isn't, so just check this.

Remember if you do plan on installing a CAI, you MUST have a custom tune from DiabloSport in order for it to work with your car.

sullygtstang said:
I just ordered the C&L CAI with the diablo predator...can i just use one of the tunes already programmed on the predator, or do i have to have a custom tune and get the pc interface kit?

If you ordered them together as a package then it should already have the C&L custom tune on the Predator. This means that you do not need the pc interface kit and everything you need is there. I would recommend getting the interface kit (or its equivalent at RadioShack) in order to connect your Predator to your computer in case you need to download something at a later date.

Szlachcic said:
The current rev for 2005 Mustang GTs is not r50d, it is actually r21, so you should see r21 after startup. If you don't see this go to the DiabloSport website and download it. Your Predator should be up to date, but there is a chance it isn't, so just check this.

Remember if you do plan on installing a CAI, you MUST have a custom tune from DiabloSport in order for it to work with your car.

Geez, I need to pay more attention to which Forum section I am posting in . . :rolleyes: . . thanks for giving the right info to sullygtstang's question.