Diablosport predator Q's?

08blueskunk

May 8, 2008
Maine
OK i got a Predator second hand i couldn't beat the price...I have a CL street and I tried the factory installed 87 oct. Performance tune, and it caused a CEL P-code was System to lean (bank 2)...So i tried To reinstall the factory tune and still got CEL System too lean (bank 1,2). To me it seemed obvious the factory tune wouldn't work.
My Questions are these?
What do i need to update my predator? just the serial to USB cable?
Until I get an E-mail tune from Bamachips Which tune should be safest?
All the factory Intake tunes are for 91 so i am gonna refuel and try the KN tune? any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

i would also buy the power adapter. 12v 1amp. otherwise you have to bring a laptop to the car. you will need to go to diablosport web site and get the latest revision for the tuner and while your at it get ds downloader, which is free. you will need that in order to transfer tunes from computer to tuner and vice versa. as far as the best tune for the c and l, i was told before that one of the 85mm general tunes would work. But i just waited to get my custom tunes from Bamachips heres the link to diablosport:

DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

I also got my preditor second hand with a C&L intake. All I did was downloader the dsdownloader from diablo, then I ordered the 3 pack from Bamatunes.
Took me a couple try's, but I'm an idiot so you should be fine.
Also, diablo has the downloading insturctions....

Good luck.

OK i got a Predator second hand i couldn't beat the price...I have a CL street and I tried the factory installed 87 oct. Performance tune, and it caused a CEL P-code was System to lean (bank 2)...So i tried To reinstall the factory tune and still got CEL System too lean (bank 1,2). To me it seemed obvious the factory tune wouldn't work.
My Questions are these?
What do i need to update my predator? just the serial to USB cable?
Until I get an E-mail tune from Bamachips Which tune should be safest?
All the factory Intake tunes are for 91 so i am gonna refuel and try the KN tune? any thoughts?
It's possible that the 87 octane tune that you initially installed is designed to work with the factory air intake. If so, then the engine will run lean with this tune and the C&L CAI. Obviously, the same thing applies to the factory tune and the C&L CAI.
If the Predator has no tunes designed for the C&L CAI, then reinstall the stock intake, and either install one of the Predator tunes designed for the stock air intake or reinstall the stock tune.
DO NOT install the C&L CAI until you get a tune that's designed specifically for it. Otherwise, the engine will not perform properly at best, and it may incur damage at worst.

You will not be able to get a C&L tune from DiabloSport. They worked a deal with C&L, and DS no longer provides C&L tunes. You will have to get your C&L tune from another tune supplier, like BamaChips(He writes great tunes, BTW. I use his 93 Race tune.)
I do not recommend using a K&N tune with a C&L CAI, because the K&N CAI has a different MAF diameter than the one on your C&L CAI, and doing so may result in poor performance and possible engine damage.