Diablosport Predator Tuner??

• Sponsors (?)

well we need to know what kind of mods you have? Also whats the highest octane you have where you live?

because alot of us have advance our timing all the way up but taking precautions that it does not start pinging....

As for an auto you can firm up the shifts in part throttle and WOT

I thought the Predator was worth the money. But now that the Excal 2 is out, I'd probably get that if I did'nt already have the Predator. I gained 13HP @ 12 TQ on a Mustang Dyno with the Predator. Dialed in the Spark advance and A/F also.

I have an 03 5sp GT, with a catted h-pipe and flowmasters, with udp, cai, and a maf. But I am ordering the tuner with my 4:10's soon, and getting longtubes, with a new catless h-pipe? I have 93 octane in my area, so I am defanitly upgrading the timing. Any other suggestions when I get the tuner??

kyles03sonicgt said:
I have an 03 5sp GT, with a catted h-pipe and flowmasters, with udp, cai, and a maf. But I am ordering the tuner with my 4:10's soon, and getting longtubes, with a new catless h-pipe? I have 93 octane in my area, so I am defanitly upgrading the timing. Any other suggestions when I get the tuner??

thats pretty much all you need to know. you will be able to set the spedo when you get your gears installed, turn off the engine light when you get the new h-pipe. just dont go changing stuff you dont no what it does and you will be ok.

all handhelds are pretty "generic" in what they can and cant do. you get only 2 rpm ranges to tune with, which, IMO is not very much, coming from a dsmlink background where i could tune everything(timing, fuel, airflow, maf, dome lights, cupholder) in 500rpm increments.

but it unlike dsmlink(which is 600 just for the program/cable, another 300 for a compatible ecu, and even more if you dont already have a laptop at your disposal), its pretty cheap, and does what it needs to.

i have the predator. it comes with a "decent" tune already, you plug it in, save your factory tune to the predator, then load theirs and you can either stop there or modify things. if you dont know what youre doing, stop there. if you know what things like timing and fuel compensation are, then by all means, experiment. though like anything related to tuning your car pretty blindly(without the use of a full spectrum logger or dyno), smal steps. right now i bumped timing 2*(i think max is 10*), and have -20'd my fuel(added some). i couldnt tell you how much of a difference just their tune makes, as i went straight into their tune, modded it to my liking and loaded it. i still have more to play with, i can bump timing a whole lot more, but im hesitant on 91 octane. maybe some 100oct in the tank before the track days will see full timing, or maybe 91 and dyno time with the wideband.

Not to hijack you thread man, but a guy at work has a Diablo Tuner that he is selling. He is going to let me take it home for some time and let me mess with it. My mods are in my sig, and with diablo's "generic" tune will it hurt? His GT was pretty much stock, except for exhaust I think. Since they use existing tunes, I should get one for my car and not someone elses right?

jlhall_10 said:
Not to hijack you thread man, but a guy at work has a Diablo Tuner that he is selling. He is going to let me take it home for some time and let me mess with it. My mods are in my sig, and with diablo's "generic" tune will it hurt? His GT was pretty much stock, except for exhaust I think. Since they use existing tunes, I should get one for my car and not someone elses right?
I hope he's going to un-marry it from his car before lending it to you... otherwise it will be nothing more than a fancy ODB scan tool...

U.M.

jlhall_10 said:

You might run on the lean side, but you can add a little fuel if so.

kyles03sonicgt said:

Get a custom tune or a dyno tune from a shop that uses DiabloSport CMR software after you get all of your planned mods

Mine came in handy... I was able to read and erase a code. I changed my speedometer when I got 4.10's. Got rid of the speed limiter, and shut off the rear 02's when I got my O/R H pipe. I cranked up the timing on the performance tune and it has worked great. :nice: No complaints. One of these days I'll hook up my laptop n look at some "reaal time" data.