DiabloSport Predator Tuner

jcklee43

Jun 21, 2007
Beaverton
I just installed a C&L "racer" intake and 4.10 gears in my 07 Mustang GT. I then tuned it with my DiabloSport Predator Tuner. Very nice improvement in performance.

The DiabloSport Tuner has other features to help make more power. Timing advance or spark adjustments.

Has anyone played around and made any additional changes?

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a C&L "racer" intake and 4.10 gears in my 07 Mustang GT. I then tuned it with my DiabloSport Predator Tuner. Very nice improvement in performance.

The DiabloSport Tuner has other features to help make more power. Timing advance or spark adjustments.

Has anyone played around and made any additional changes?

No but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

If you pay between 50 and 75 bucks, you can buy a great tune from Bama or Brenspeed (others). I have a Brenspeed tune and two Bama's on order. If you search, you will see that the opinion generally shared is that the canned tunes are on the mild side. I will find out next week as I have a predatory on order and have some Bama tunes to compare.

I have an 07 GT automatic with 4.10's. Used my Diablo tuner to change the redline to 6,800 rpm's (for manually shifting at 6,500 rpm's with a little room to spare), changed the shift points for "drive" to 6,200 rpm's, removed the top-speed limiter, and I use the 93 octane tune for daily driving or the "firm shifting" tune for days at the drag strip.

I haven't adjusted fuel trims or spark advances at all, as the canned tunes are pretty good and I'm not that much of an expert that I would dare to deviate.

Strongly suggest that you stick with the tune's default timing and fuel settings. Changing them can result in pinging and possible engine damage.
In fact some owners use gas that has an octane rating one notch lower than the tune, e.g., 91 octane gas with a 93 octane tune, for the specific purpose of preventing pinging, especially during the summer months.

My 4.10's go in on Thursday.
I've adjusted the spark for my 93 octane tune so I can use 91, which is the highest available here, and I've eliminated the top speed.
I haven't really looked into the Predator to see how to adjust the speedo for the gears, can you tell me what to look for, or is it pretty self-explanatory?

My 4.10's go in on Thursday.

I haven't really looked into the Predator to see how to adjust the speedo for the gears, can you tell me what to look for, or is it pretty self-explanatory?

I'm sure the Predator is fairly similar to the SCT(which I have). There is a setting with numerous gear ratios to choose from. It is VERY simple!

No but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

If you pay between 50 and 75 bucks, you can buy a great tune from Bama or Brenspeed (others). I have a Brenspeed tune and two Bama's on order. If you search, you will see that the opinion generally shared is that the canned tunes are on the mild side. I will find out next week as I have a predatory on order and have some Bama tunes to compare.

Can you download these Canned Tunes directly from a laptop and circumvent the need for the handheld tuners?

Can you download these Canned Tunes directly from a laptop and circumvent the need for the handheld tuners?

Not that I am aware of. The tunes are in a proprietary format and speaking about the SCT tuner, 'cause I have one, I can datalog to a laptop but have to go through the tuner. The SCT or Diablo site may have further info so don't necessarily rely on my experience solely. I looked at the site and did not see anything that leads me to believe you can just hook up a laptop.