Did A Quick Walk Around Video After Cleaning Her Up A Little

• Sponsors (?)

but a few minutes with a dremel gets you the same thing, maybe not quite as pretty of a unit

Put the two side by side and you'll quickly realize it'll take a lot more than just touching up the butterfly valve with a dremel to match the quality and precision of the Accufab. The Accufab being "prettier" is just a by-product of it's superior construction.

Put the two side by side and you'll quickly realize it'll take a lot more than just touching up the butterfly valve with a dremel to match the quality and precision of the Accufab. The Accufab being "prettier" is just a by-product of it's superior construction.

I agree. The Accufab is a much better built piece. The reason I';m using the BBK is I got it, the ported intake, fuel rail and a set of injectors for $150. I can live with the whistle for that deal.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree. The Accufab is a much better built piece. The reason I';m using the BBK is I got it, the ported intake, fuel rail and a set of injectors for $150. I can live with the whistle for that deal.

Indeed. I had the BBK 75mm unit on my Cougar and I liked it just fine. My blower was making enough noise that I really couldn't hear the throttle body whistle anyway.

Its only stuck once in three years............

That's one more time than it should ever stick. I'll hope you got it shut down before your car transformed itself from mode of transportation, to cruise missile?

Sometimes the sticking is due to guys tightening down the CAI too much on the TB opening. On these TB, I've found it's from poor QC and tolerances.

This is true, especially with the thin walled cast stuff. I've noticed a lot of after market throttle bodies are simply bored for size, but use the same general casting....especially in the 65mm-70mm and 70-75mm range. This is true for the Professional Products stuff. A 75mm throttle body is going to have 2.5mm less wall thickness on either side of the butterfly than a similar 70mm unit and is thus going to be more susceptible to distortion. Don't over tighten it and you'll probably be ok.

The Accufab units are cut from a single chunk of billet....not cast like most others, so it can handled the added torque of a tight inlet clamp without getting out of shape like some others do. It's all less susceptible to distortion during heating and cooling cycles. The down side is, that they're about $100 more expensive than their next closes competitor. :(

That being said, I again had no problems with my BBK 75mm unit, but did notice it got sticky on me one time when I overtightened the silicone connector. Thankfully, I tested the throttle play out before starting my engine that time.