Did any of you guys dress up your DD's?

MrGame

Nov 8, 2006
I'm trying to decide if i want to buy a set of ASA AR2's for my TSX, but I'm not sure if I should. On the one hand, I'll probably drive the pony a lot more in the spring and the summer time, and I could get some decent mods for the price of a set of wheels and tires for my Acura. On the other hand, the mustang doesn't get driven very often and I haven't learned to drive well enough to really need any more power at the track until I learn how to slip the clutch properly (or get a set of ET streets). I can't decide which one makes more sense, and yes I know they are both probably a waste of money

• Sponsors (?)

I'm too poor to afford 2 cars for myself. What would my wife drive then? Tha stang is my DD, but I do steal her car when the weather gets crappy. So yeah, I do dress up my DD, but on with functional stuff. Wheels, no, not worth the cost just to risk ruining them. Alot of wasted money IMO. Stuff like tint, a decent stereo if you are into that. Stuff to make the car less boring since I am in it so much. But keep it stock on the outside. So it can get dirty.

The stang IS my daily driver :nice:

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1185copy.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1419.jpg
    IMG_1419.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1185copy.jpg
    IMG_1185copy.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 54
Depends what you call dressed up... I'm probly equal on performance and cosmetic mods in price

I'm pushing past 60k right now and that with almost 2 years of not driving the car. I've owned it since mile 5

my 03 is my DD and its about as dressed up as its ever gonna get.

if i had something else as a DD that would mean the Cobra wasnt, which would mean the Cobra would be getting the attention/funds and the DD would just become my mon-fri commute :taco: at that point.

my Xterra got a few mods done to it.

first off i HAD to tint the windows 5% all around. tint is a MUST on all my vehicles. i drove the truck one day before it was tinted. i raised the front end up a little with the torsion bars, added one size bigger tire and finally i put some 6000K HID's in it.

i liked the HID's so much in my mustang that my X and the wifes Accord now have them too.

my Xterra got a few mods done to it.

first off i HAD to tint the windows 5% all around. tint is a MUST on all my vehicles. i drove the truck one day before it was tinted. i raised the front end up a little with the torsion bars, added one size bigger tire and finally i put some 6000K HID's in it.

i liked the HID's so much in my mustang that my X and the wifes Accord now have them too.

+1 on dark tint :nice:

Nothing wrong with modding your DD. If you're in the car quite a bit, might as well enjoy it! Why limit yourself to just one car that you can enjoy cruising around in if you can be proud of two.