Did I gain any RWHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hobbes80 said:
I guess this is ricer logic... wing = downforce = stabler at high speed = go faster = more hp!!

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I know I topped out aerodynamically/powerwise at about 146ish, but I wasn't maxed RPM wise.... However, front splitter, like a cobra R splitter, installed properly might help cut down the wind resistance enough for me to hit 150ish... :shrug:

Seems like Sean Hyland makes a Splitter support kit to help reduce flex at high speeds.

• Sponsors (?)

BuffaloZone said:
Guess you never heard about drag reduced top speed?

You didn't ask if your bumper change netted you a higher top speed. You asked if you got more rear wheel horsepower. Horsepower is how much power your engine makes. Changing bumpers has no effect at all on the engine....

If you would have asked about your top speed changing with the bumper swap, or your acceleration changing, it still would have been a stupid question, but it would have been a logical stupid question.

inferno9898 said:
You didn't ask if your bumper change netted you a higher top speed. You asked if you got more rear wheel horsepower. Horsepower is how much power your engine makes. Changing bumpers has no effect at all on the engine....

And a brake rotor swap "is how much power your engine makes."?
And larger diameter wheel swap "is how much power your engine makes."?
That's why they *reduce* HP at the wheels? :nice:

inferno9898 said:
Changing bumpers has no effect at all on the engine....

*If* my MODIS data stream scan showed an increased "Engine Load %" with the Cobra bumper cover and a 5 MPH tail wind while driving at a steady 70 MPH, would you still say that the engine didn't notice an effect?
:D

BuffaloZone said:
And a brake rotor swap "is how much power your engine makes."?
And larger diameter wheel swap "is how much power your engine makes."?
That's why they *reduce* HP at the wheels? :nice:

ok, you're right, WHP is a measure of the entire drivetrain, not just the engine, so what's connected to the axles probably plays some part in it. I didn't realize that by "bumper," you meant "brake rotor." my mistake

inferno9898 said:
ok, you're right, WHP is a measure of the entire drivetrain, not just the engine, so what's connected to the axles probably plays some part in it. I didn't realize that by "bumper," you meant "brake rotor." my mistake

That's okay, don't feel bad - the very reason that 1 Dyno will run a limited test program that just generically issues controlled environment test results that don't actually represent "real world" numbers, and that's why a "more accurate" Dyno will have the ability to factor in such things as head wind/drag, etc...

BuffaloZone said:
How can a larger diameter brake rotor eat up HP at WOT?
What does a brake rotor have to do with a front bumper??!?!?! If I stripped my car down to under 3000 lbs. Made it more aerodynamic, etc. It would NOT change the power, would it be faster...yes, but no power difference.

If you are looking for bumpers and rotors as a way to gain horsepower I suggest you head over to www.RICEWORLD.com and buy a Honda :notnice:

Ryan02Stang said:
He didn't. Hes trying to save himself. Read his first post...he clearly describes a bumper.

Because when a (nice enough) Dyno can factor in wind resistance/varying degrees of headwind to get "true" real world numbers, those numbers are related directly to HP? And the "bumper" would be a major factor, but the "rotors" wouldn't?
:rlaugh:

Ryan02Stang said:
What does a brake rotor have to do with a front bumper??!?!?! If I stripped my car down to under 3000 lbs. Made it more aerodynamic, etc. It would NOT change the power, would it be faster...yes, but no power difference.

Because when a (nice enough) Dyno can factor in wind resistance/varying degrees of headwind to get "true" real world numbers, those numbers are related directly to HP? And the "bumper" would be a major factor, but the "rotors" wouldn't?

BuffaloZone said:
Because the only ones that seem to be "RICE" experts with the ability to give up-to-date trends and and info on "rice" ...are the ones that cry about "rice" the most?

:D

You sir, don't know what you're talking about.

The answer to your question is: No. Changing the front bumper will NOT affect rear wheel horsepower. In fact, larger brake rotors will also NOT affect rear wheel horsepower. They WILL use up more of that rear wheel horsepower to turn, but they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower.

StngStr said:
You sir, don't know what you're talking about.

The answer to your question is: No. Changing the front bumper will NOT affect rear wheel horsepower.

Even when some Dynamometers can factor in wind resistance --before-- you get a final HP reading?

StngStr said:
In fact, larger brake rotors will also NOT affect rear wheel horsepower. They WILL use up more of that rear wheel horsepower to turn, but they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower.

They can "use up more of that rear wheel horsepower", but "they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower"? Will = Won't???

That's why I saw "stock" HP Dyno readings *drop* by 4 when larger rotors were added - and the "stock" HP Dyno readings decided to *drop* an additional 7 HP when larger wheels were added?

:stick:

StngStr said:
When I had my car dyno bone stock it made 231 on the first pull, and on the 2nd pull 10 seconds later made 225. 6 rwhp diffence. I didn't change brake rotors. In fact, I didn't change anything.

But with:

<<That's why I saw "stock" HP Dyno readings *drop* by 4 when larger rotors were added - and the "stock" HP Dyno readings decided to *drop* an additional 7 HP when larger wheels were added?>>

The *drops* remained during 7 runs...and the --losses-- never reversed themselves. Not until the old wheels and tires were installed...and --then-- (some of) the numbers started to return.

BTW...
Originally Posted by StngStr

StngStr said:
In fact, larger brake rotors will also NOT affect rear wheel horsepower. They WILL use up more of that rear wheel horsepower to turn, but they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower.

They can "use up more of that rear wheel horsepower", but "they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower"? Will = Won't???

:stick:

Status
Not open for further replies.