Did I gain any RWHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

StngStr said:
Dude....get over it.

Because you won't explain your statement?

They can "use up more of that rear wheel horsepower", but "they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower"? Will = Won't???

StngStr said:
Changing your bumper from a Cobra unit to a GT unit won't make your car any faster

Because higher wind resistance effects top speed? Like adding a light bar to a police car will always effect their top speed? Why do you think they continually "streamline" the light bars? You think they're looking for better gas mileage when they're in a high speed chase?

StngStr said:
, and it won't make your RWHP number higher. Time to move on.

Even when some Dynamometers can factor in wind resistance --before-- you get a final HP reading?

:stick:

"Because you won't explain your statement?
They can "use up more of that rear wheel horsepower", but "they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower"? Will = Won't???"

Yes...they will use up more rear wheel horsepower to turn them. But, it still doesn't change the amount of power your engine is making.

So....WON'T change the power at the rear wheels.

"Because higher wind resistance effects top speed? Like adding a light bar to a police car will always effect their top speed? Why do you think they continually "streamline" the light bars? You think they're looking for better gas mileage when they're in a high speed chase?"

When I said it won't make your car faster, I mean that it won't make your car faster. Numbnuts. Changing the bumper on YOUR car WON'T increase it's top speed. You don't have enough power to reach the "theoretical" top speed your car's aerodynamics is capable of. Nor is a light bar going to change the top speed of a cop car. They are too heavy and to low on power. If they were really worried about top speed, they would give them more power, not "streamline" the light bars. I think they do that so you can't tell they are sneaking up behind you as easy and so they are less conspicuous.

"Even when some Dynamometers can factor in wind resistance --before-- you get a final HP reading?"

This has nothing to do with what you're asking. You asked if changing the bumper would increase your rwhp. Not if changing the bumper would make you more aerodynamic.

Stupid. I'm done with your junior high, honda-ish logic.

I won't flame you but your original question is baisically not a valid question. to gain hp you have to mod something. I see this question alot when it comes to gear and driveshafts. you are not increasing you hp. you are just utilizing it differently.

now reducing drag and wieght can make you gain on you et but will not effect you horsepower.

if you sit back and analyse what you said instead of just reacting to all the flames you will se your original question has no realistic basis. Plastic does not =HP, drag does not equal hp. drag can affect how much hp it takes to get down the 1320 in X amount of time.

StngStr said:
"Because you won't explain your statement?
They can "use up more of that rear wheel horsepower", but "they won't change the amount of rear wheel horsepower"? Will = Won't???"

Yes...they will use up more rear wheel horsepower to turn them. So....WON'T change the power at the rear wheels.

You --JUST-- said that it would: "Yes...they will use up more rear wheel horsepower to turn them. So....WON'T change the power at the rear wheels."

Again... Will = Won't???

:doh:

StngStr said:
When I said it won't make your car faster, I mean that it won't make your car faster.

Because higher wind resistance effects top speed? Like adding a light bar to a police car will always effect their top speed? Why do you think they continually "streamline" the light bars? You think they're looking for better gas mileage when they're in a high speed chase? And their cars *ARE* "faster" when they --remove-- the wind resistance.

StngStr said:
Nor is a light bar going to change the top speed of a cop car.

That's an absolute lie, because they specifically list the "light bar" as --the-- reason for reduced top speed. The exact reason why the same-equipment camaro or mustang is --always-- faster than the same-equipment police camaro or mustang.

StngStr said:
If they were really worried about top speed, they would give them more power, not "streamline" the light bars.

On many of their vehicles...they do exactly --both-- options...

StngStr said:
I'm done with your junior high, honda-ish logic.

Is this some more of your 1st-hand "RICE" knowledge?

:banana:

dudeman47 said:
damn dude,
You seriously have to get over yourself. A number of people told you that you asked an invalid question in the first place.

"Even when some Dynamometers can factor in wind resistance --before-- you get a final HP reading?"

dudeman47 said:
You turn this into a pissing contest with someone else. :notnice:

While you just unloaded your bladder?
:rolleyes:

And I won't count spelling errors...
:cheers:

hognutz said:
I won't flame you but your original question is baisically not a valid question. to gain hp you have to mod something. I see this question alot when it comes to gear and driveshafts. you are not increasing you hp. you are just utilizing it differently.

now reducing drag and wieght can make you gain on you et but will not effect you horsepower.

if you sit back and analyse what you said instead of just reacting to all the flames you will se your original question has no realistic basis. Plastic does not =HP, drag does not equal hp. drag can affect how much hp it takes to get down the 1320 in X amount of time.

Reminds me of the idiotic conversations with folks at srtforums.com or clubwrx.com.

Like talking to a brick wall.

Plain and simple: Changing your bumper won't make your car quicker. Changing your bumper won't give you more horsepower.

:lock:

BuffaloZone said:
Exactly.
I wonder what the Drag Coefficient for a --larger-- bumper cover would be?...
:nice:

Doesn't matter, because CD and horsepower are completely different....understand now?

EDIT: My last post in this thread.....if he doesnt get it now, he wont

Status
Not open for further replies.