Did I gain any RWHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
StngStr said:
Reminds me of the idiotic conversations with folks at srtforums.com or clubwrx.com.

So you do hang out at rice forums?

StngStr said:
Plain and simple: Changing your bumper won't make your car quicker.

Originally Posted by inferno9898:
"...top speed. It's a function of HP and Drag Coefficient."

Looks like a smaller cover with less "Drag Coefficient" could make a car quicker.

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Just so we're all clear on this, you can't make any observations about the drag coefficent of a car based on the size of the bumper cover. The shape of the bumper cover and the height of the car off of the ground play a huge role. The airflow over, under, and around the car all play a part. Unless you've put the car in a wind tunnel and swapped out the bumper covers, you have no idea what the change in drag coefficients will be, and whether or not your top speed has been effected.

<---- Works at a facility with approx 20 wind tunnels

NasaGT said:
Just so we're all clear on this, you can't make any observations about the drag coefficent of a car based on the size of the bumper cover. The shape of the bumper cover and the height of the car off of the ground play a huge role.

Big "shape" or little "shape"? And just so we're clear on this, I'm sure "Nascar" does take "size" into consideration (along --with-- the variables that you mentioned) on every piece of their cars. You don't see race cars the size of freight trains going around the track.

:lock:

Originally Posted by inferno9898:
"...top speed. It's a function of HP and Drag Coefficient."

Looks like a smaller cover with less "Drag Coefficient" could make a car quicker. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

No a smaller bumper cover will make the vehicle "faster" By reducing drag coefficient you reduce the amount of power required to push the vehicle through the air at a higher speed. A bumper cover will not make you "quicker" as it will not help with traction or power.

BuffaloZone said:
Big "shape" or little "shape"? And just so we're clear on this, I'm sure "Nascar" does take "size" into consideration (along --with-- the variables that you mentioned) on every piece of their cars. You don't see race cars the size of freight trains going around the track.

First off, NASCAR cars are built from a strict template definated by NASCAR for a manufacturers bodytype. Teams don't have much choice in what their body components look like.

Second, ever look at the bumper cover on a NASCAR car? Much larger than a stock bumper cover. Almost touches the ground. Lets see, the Cobra bumper cover is larger than the GT cover, and the bottom is closer to the ground. Hmmmm..... :scratch: Could it be that the larger bumper cover gives the car a lower coefficent of drag???

BuffaloZone said:
Because the only ones that seem to be "RICER" experts with the ability to give up-to-date trends and fashions on "rice" ...are the ones that cry about "rice" the most?

:flag:
I live in ricer town dude. Trust me when I say ricers come up with the stupidest ***** you can hear. This is a good example.

BuffaloZone said:
Originally Posted by inferno9898
Doesn't matter

Drag Coefficient "Doesn't matter."? Tell that to Kyle Petty...

I love how you only took the first two words of my sentence, michael moore. Drag coefficient "doesn't matter" because this entire thread is based on you wondering how your bumper affects the horsepower at the wheels. Not how the bumper affected your wind resistance, or how the bumper affected your total weight. You didn't ask if it affected your quickness or the top speed. You asked if it gave you more RWHP, and still haven't admitted that it's a retarded question

inferno9898 said:
You didn't ask if your bumper change netted you a higher top speed. You asked if you got more rear wheel horsepower. Horsepower is how much power your engine makes. Changing bumpers has no effect at all on the engine....

If you would have asked about your top speed changing with the bumper swap, or your acceleration changing, it still would have been a stupid question, but it would have been a logical stupid question.
I thought tha cobra bumper had a hole in it for cool air to flow to the air intake system, if he went back to the gt bumper (which i don't think has the same feature:scratch: ) then he would loose this part of his cold air intake system, and wouldn't that mean less power? that could be what he was thinking, just say is all.

NasaGT said:
First off, NASCAR cars are built from a strict template definated by NASCAR for a manufacturers bodytype. Teams don't have much choice in what their body components look like.

Second, ever look at the bumper cover on a NASCAR car? Much larger than a stock bumper cover. Almost touches the ground. Lets see, the Cobra bumper cover is larger than the GT cover, and the bottom is closer to the ground. Hmmmm..... :scratch: Could it be that the larger bumper cover gives the car a lower coefficent of drag???
:stupid:

NasaGT said:

I said they test their parts - they probably never stop testing and never stop making tiny adjustments for track conditions.

:lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.