Did I screw up... PBR caliper question...

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I stopped by a local salvage yard today and picked up a set of PBR calipers for my car for $50... but that's all they gave me... the caliper. Did I need the caliper bracket too? I haven't pulled the wheels to look at it to see for sure, but if I need them I will try to pick them up tomorrow while I'm out. I also got the lines that go on them as I heard I needed the exact bolt for the pass. side... is that all I needed? They cut the lines so i will not be able to use them... just the bolt. Any input is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You need to have the brackets to bolt the calipers to the spindle. This also gives the proper offset for the 13" cobra rotors. I assume you are converting the front brakes to the Cobra specs. As for the hoses you will want the stainless steel ones anyway and you did good by getting the banjo bolts.

You can mount the caliper to the stock bracket if you grind on the spindel area a bit at the lower bolt hole so the caliper clears the bracket. However, this only works if you stay with the stock rotor, or use a 99+ gt rotor as they have the same size rotor we do ( you can get a 16 in rim stand. on a GT still) Thats what I am going to do with my 00 pbr calipers I have. There is a topic with pics of the area you need to grind somewere here.