did they stop making catted h pipes for 96-98gt's?

Winters98GT

Whoop...whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop...GANGNAM STYLE!!!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
H Town
I cant find any on the net. I know somebody used to make them, or at least I thought they did. If anybody knows where there at, please let me know. Thanks! (shorty headers)

• Sponsors (?)

If in the Houston area, why not just go with a catless? From the two midpipes that I have purchased, they were both for 99-04s, though swapped over without a problem :shrug:

this is my third car, my previous 2 were headswapped 98gt's, both with headers and offroad h pipes. Loved em, but the girl cant handle it. Trying to quiet it down a bit for her.

I just put an offroad x pipe on the car with the stock manifolds and cat back, and it sounds horrible and pops between 2-3k. Looking to go back to a catted pipe h pipe, but will proboly just run over to Tommy Vaughn in the morning and pick up an offroad h pipe since I cant find anything. Guess she is just gonna have to deal with noise...

TV might even have a few catted in stock :shrug: I could be wrong, though I was in there about 3-4 weeks ago and they had one hanging up as a display. Go ahead and get an extra exhaust gasket while there ;)

You plan on headswapping this car or anything else?

not real sure what I want to do with it yet. I wanted to make a little more power. Not sure if your familiar with S.D. Wheeler, AKA THEGAME, but I used to be freinds with him. He is from your area. I was actually the idea behind his company that went down the tubes when he ported a set of PI heads I had back in high school.

Neways, Ive been down that road twice, the last time we blew the motor with erson reground cams, found out later that they were ground incorrectly and we couldnt set them properly.

Eitherway, Im looking for more power, but dont want to buy a built motor. I dont want to do a headswap again and worry about compression issues if I add a blower. I was thinking about going with a PI intake, cams, and a vortech this time. Its been years since Ive been around mustangs and stangnet, the corral, etc.. and have a lot to relearn.

btw, thanks for the heads up on the pipe. Ill be sure to ask. Also, customer service was horrible over there the other day when I went to buy some pullies, but Ill proboly be taking them back since Im debating the blower route now

Where is he from? Correct me if I am wrong, though he scammed quite a few people?

I have a PI intake along with pi cams sitting not far behind me that I haven't got around to installing. I actually have 2 PI intakes, one with alum and one w/o, though just not too sure if I want to tackle the install in 1 day on my DD. I need to get the cams put in aswell :(

mac h here.. its a nice midpipe, but cats IMO quiets down any car too much! I use mine for emissions and thats it now.

BBK also makes an catted H. However, MAC stopped making catted midpipes all together.

but mac did make them.. heres mine:
PICT0041.gif

Attachments

• PICT0041.gif
    PICT0041.gif
    418.1 KB · Views: 64