Diff between T5 and world class T5

• Sponsors (?)

The WC line started in about 1985 IIRC. People seem to kind of screw up the names and think the earlier (but after '85) boxes werent WC. For example, all Aero foxes have WC trannies.

Now a lot of the 'new aftermarket boxes' are more akin to Z-spec (which is closely related to the Cobra box for 1993).

Good luck.

Even amongst WC boxes, the rating changed. Around 1990, the rating went up (pre 90 was a WC box too). And the cobra spec box was rated a little higher than 90-93 boxes.

HISSIN50 said:
Even amongst WC boxes, the rating changed. Around 1990, the rating went up (pre 90 was a WC box too). And the cobra spec box was rated a little higher than 90-93 boxes.

I believe that was in 89 and in 92? :shrug:

They put a tougher 2nd gear and then a tougher 3rd a couple of years later I think.

HoodStrype said:
I believe that was in 89 and in 92? :shrug:
In terms of torque ratings, which is what I was discussing, AFAIK, the pre '90 boxes were rated at 265 ft lbs. In 90, the rating went up to 300 ft lbs, thanks to different metal content in the gears as I recall (more Nickel). This was when internal trans gear changed too (7 to 8 tooth, IIRC).