Differance Between The Gt And Lx

• Sponsors (?)

Engine and suspension are exactly the same. Depending on the year, the seats may be different. The GT also had a set of idiot lights that the LX didn't.

Reactions: 1 user
Like said, all the same.

Same steering rack, same sway bars, same rear axles, same engine, same shocks. The springs might be different but that's because Ford used different springs depending on vehicle weight not trim levels.

Yep. And the myth that the SSP (Police Package Mustangs) had different engines is also not true. Bone stock 5.0's.

I'm pretty sure in all the police chase videos they mention the "super powered 5.0". I can't find it, but the one where it's a 5.0 vs a turbo coupe always gave me the giggles.

I have been conducting research on the differences between the LX and the GT other than the body kit what are the difference motor wise, suspension etc? Thanks in advance.
The question should be asked "what are the differences in LX's"?
Top of the line LX, compared to GT:
Motor, suspension -- same as LX with 5.0. 3 body styles: hatchback, notchback, convertible.
Etc. -- the list is long, mostly interior & "convenience" items. Many items standard on the GT were not available on the LX.

Just to be clear, there are no mechanical differences between a GT and an LX 5.0. Lots of suspension and brake differences between the V8's and the 4-cyl's, and to this day, if you want the correct brake/suspension parts for your LX 5.0, you have to say it's a GT, or the parts system is likely to give you parts for the 4-cyl.

Reactions: 1 users