Difference between 87 GT Cobra and 87 GT?

I just bought a 1987 GT Cobra. I know the two of them are exactly the same as for as performance and body style goes, but what is the difference between the two? Did the Cobra have more standard options or something?

Thanks in advance :)

• Sponsors (?)

I believe up in canada they called them cobra's where the true SVT cobra's weren't reintroduced until 1993. It's just a regular GT if I'm correct.

BlooDReigN said:
I just bought a 1987 GT Cobra. I know the two of them are exactly the same as for as performance and body style goes, but what is the difference between the two? Did the Cobra have more standard options or something?

Thanks in advance :)

The Cobra has a sticker on the hatch that says COBRA. That's about it. It's just a marketing ploy up in Canadiaville.

Not sure I'd call it a "ploy", but clearly, it was mainly a marketing and legal tool.....quote below from the link FoxChassis (nice job) listed above:

The addition of the “Cobra” name leads many people to believe that these cars have additional performance equipment or special features over a regular U.S. GT, but that is NOT the case. The bottom line is 1984-1992 Canadian Cobra GT’s are simply the Canadian version of the U.S.-sold 1984–1992 Mustang GT. The difference is in NAME only; there are NO fundamental differences between the Canadian and U.S. GT models. Performance-wise, the 1984-1992 Canadian Cobra GT’s were absolutely no different than their American GT counterparts (including horsepower figures, available engines, transmissions and suspensions). This fact has been verified through a number of sources including the comparison of Canadian vs. U.S. Ford sales brochures and individual car’s build sheets and window stickers.

Now then, the SWEDISH version of the Cobra that I have, is quite different. ;)