Difference between 95 & 98 Cobra wheel?

Simple question. I can't tell the difference, so why rename the wheel, or am I missing something that pics don't show?

COBRARCHROME.jpg

95cobrarwheelc.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Those are both 95 Cobra R wheels. 98 cobras only come in 17x8 they are always silver unless they were polished after the fact. The five spokes on the 98 cobra wheels are a little more slender and have more curve to them. 98s look great if the aftermarket made other sizes i would be all over them.

I agree. The spokes on the '98 Cobra appear to have more curve to them .... and are narrower once they taper off at the edges of the wheel. The '95 Cobra R's still look great, though. Both do.

Apparently, there's also a decent difference in "real" '95 R's and "replica" '95 R's .... as per 95opal's thread.

Danman765432 said:
Which one is this? I know its a replica but it might be the ones im getting way in the future after the performance stuff. My tri-bars make my car look stylish.

oe-cobra-5-b-4-x.jpg

thats a black 95 cobra r replica. the 98 cobras also have a double lip on the rim where as the 95's have a smooth lip around the rim. Hard to explain the differance that im talking about but if you look at the real ones of each you will see what i mean and yes apparentley the replicas and oem's are slightly different to.

Everyone here is correct. I love my '98 Cobras, its not something everyone has I suppose. I only wish the aftermarket made 9" or 10" replicas of them. I've got 275's on them now, but those won't stand a chance against the future combo I'm planning up, traction-wise :D

IMGP1599.jpg

Attachments

• IMGP1599.jpg
    IMGP1599.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 93