difference between chrome cobra r rims?

I was wandering if anyone could tell me the difference between the cobra r rims ford racing sells. the ford racing ones dont look as shiny as the normal cobra r's. I kinda wanted to go with ford racing to avoid crappy aftermarket replicas but are the replicas just as good as the FR's. btw its been like 2 months since ive even been on the forums, almost forgot i even had a stang in storage. time for my butt to get going on this project before spring.

• Sponsors (?)

i have replicas that started to peel on the inside of the wheel. don't know what company they are, but i bought them from CJ Pony Parts. Personally, i would only buy chrome from FRPP as it is a stock replacement, and stock wheels last longer.

i have replicas that started to peel on the inside of the wheel. don't know what company they are, but i bought them from CJ Pony Parts. Personally, i would only buy chrome from FRPP as it is a stock replacement, and stock wheels last longer.
the 03 cobras that came with my 2002 are peeling, they came from cj pony parts too

my reps are doing fine 3 years now..and triple chrome plating is a lie in all honesty your still getting one layer of chrome its just a layer of nickel and bronze underneith maybe im wrong about the layers but its def. only one layer of chrome i know that

Some of the replicas also look nothing like the FRPP wheels. AFS is the worst as the spokes have way too much of a slant to them. IMO AFS is easily the worst replica Cobra R out there.

Eagle, Mustang Tuning and OE wheel outlet seem to have the most "correct" looking replicas.

I was wandering if anyone could tell me the difference between the cobra r rims ford racing sells. the ford racing ones dont look as shiny as the normal cobra r's. I kinda wanted to go with ford racing to avoid crappy aftermarket replicas but are the replicas just as good as the FR's. btw its been like 2 months since ive even been on the forums, almost forgot i even had a stang in storage. time for my butt to get going on this project before spring.

if i am correct, ford does not sell a chrome wheel. they are all polished.

chrome always peels nowadays---polished won't peel but takes more upkeep.

that would explain why they are not as shiney.

imo i would not buy a knockoff wheel---i've been down that road before. pony up the bucks and buy the real deal.

for what i paid for my "knock offs" and how long they lasted w/ no problems i havent even had to rotate the tires lol and they arent even wearing down that bad...3 years now....i would never go a different route..i couldn't be more happy...as long as you take care of them i have never seen where spending more money makes sense...?:shrug:

found out the difference. ford racing made 2 styles, one is the original 95 cobra r wheel chrome plated and the other is a updated version that ford racing came out with chrome plated. also the updated ones are 1.5 lbs heavier. went and orderd the originals just now. $999.75 w/shipping from gefracing.com. pretty good deal for ford racing wheels i figure.