Difference between Our Forum & Corral

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
Not a lot of stuff goin on the sites lately so this is just something to talk about ...... I guess, lol.

A guy on the 94-95 Corral Forum was asking about the Fox pcm retro-fit.

I ran a search of pih* on the Corral and Our Forum and got these results

Corral 26 threads
SN 50 threads

Just curious to see what everybody has to say about that little bit of trivia?

Grady

• Sponsors (?)

mackey said:
I think the corral has a few more knowledgable people in my opinion. They are more down to business with the cars than stangnet...

Just my opinion.

I agree, but I also think people are more apt to let you know they are more knowledgable. There is a lot more respectful disagreement over there whereas over there you'd get a roasting.

It seems more about going fast and less about the enjoyment of working on your car... I work on my car to have FUN, going fast is just an added bonus! You don't see that attitude over at the corral.

Adam

Well

I have seen several posts that say they have more knowledgable peeps over there.

Wonder why if they are so smart ......................

they ask the same Question twice as many times as over here?

You guys are really serious tonight ...... I was just lookin to stir up a bit of fun!

Grady

Black95GTS said:
I agree, but I also think people are more apt to let you know they are more knowledgable. There is a lot more respectful disagreement over there whereas over there you'd get a roasting.

It seems more about going fast and less about the enjoyment of working on your car... I work on my car to have FUN, going fast is just an added bonus! You don't see that attitude over at the corral.

Adam
I agree totally. Fortunately I'm in a position where I don't need to ask for (much) help. If I have a problem, I turn to my Dad who worked on Fords for 20+ years.

For that reason, I like hangin' out over here more....

And, FWIW, I think we should let Grady and JT (Hissin) build a motor and tune it. They probably know the most about mechanics and tuning out of the bunch of us. I think it'd be pretty cool to see what they could do.

Joe

final5-0 said:
Well

I have seen several posts that say they have more knowledgable peeps over there.

Wonder why if they are so smart ......................

they ask the same Question twice as many times as over here?

You guys are really serious tonight ...... I was just lookin to stir up a bit of fun!

Grady

Corral Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95Vert said:
That's true Adam, when I first joined, I really had to think about the question I was going to ask over there. Didn't want to get roasted for being a newbie. Now, they can sux my peepee.

Here is one for you guys I just remembered :D

I have on several occasions told peeps about making a home made cai on this site. Several other members joined in the thread and told how they did it and it made a difference for them, they liked the idea, etc, etc, etc.

I did the same thing over there

and

I was told I was a Hillbilly cause I made my cai :shrug:

Grady

final5-0 said:
Here is one for you guys I just remembered :D

I have on several occasions told peeps about making a home made cai on this site. Several other members joined in the thread and told how they did it and it made a difference for them, they liked the idea, etc, etc, etc.

I did the same thing over there

and

I was told I was a Hillbilly cause I made my cai :shrug:

Grady

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha, you're a retard.:D
and that deserves another
Corall Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Those guys are to hardcore....:D

I have yet to post on the Corral because I couldn't find what I wanted right here...
Good tech there to....Won't put them boys down at all...some of those guys know there chit...

SN is definately more relaxing...

My take: I dont think the Corral has better tech, per se. I think we both have very good tech and very knowledgable folks (look at the sampling of guys who just posted on Grady's thread here - a very smart group of peeps). But we have a lot of joking and bantering going on in the threads here. So there is more BS to sift through, which might appear to 'dilute' the tech here, making it seem weaker. If we filtered all the BS out of our threads, I think the content would rival eachother (here and there) comparably.

But ya know what, that very thing is what makes me (and a lot of you good folks, I think) keep posting here. We enjoy having a rapport between eachother. I know one HUGE reason I hang around and bother y'all is because of the bantering. Over there it is very sterile. Great if you want to search a topic, but very boring when it comes to enjoyment of posting. Apparently I end a lot of threads over there because no one ever replies afterwards. What fun is that? :p

Both sites have info that does not make it from one site the other. I find little gems over there occasionally (honestly, not so much on the 94-95 side, but on the 5.0/general tech side).

And ya know what - something that 95 Vert and others hit upon is that we can ask or post any old dumb thought that comes into our head without wondering how it will be received.

I guess it really depends upon what you are lookin for in a forum. If not really into it, except to get the facts on how to fix something, over there might work for its conciseness. But for overall enjoyment, here is the place to be.

And as a buddy says (I wont use his name since he posts there), you almost need to be psychic when posting over there because it can take SO long to get a reply.

So both sites are cool - it just depends what you feel like doing.

Joe, I would have a killer time wrenching with Grady, yourself or any number of you guys. Thanks for the kind consideration. :nice:

95Vert said:
That's true Adam, when I first joined, I really had to think about the question I was going to ask over there. Didn't want to get roasted for being a newbie. Now, they can sux my peepee.

I've been a member over there for some time now, only joined for the classifieds. However, you have to post in the forums first I guess, something about an evaluation period, so I still haven't gotten to use the classifieds. I haven't posted cuz I know that whether I know the answer to a question there or not, it'll get discounted cuz I would be just a "stupid noob." Well F that then, I just lurk there and that's all. If I had some info that woulda been a worthwhile contribution to a topic, oh well it's their loss.

I prefer SN for most of the reasons posted above. I dont think I have ever gotten a faster response over at corral. The only times I go over there is when I have read all the new threads here on SN, and have nothing else to read.

I dont think Ive ever posted a problem I was having, where I didnt get the help I needed from people here on StangNet. Whereas on the Corral, I sometimes post something, and get a response in a few days, or none at all. It seems like every time I visit there, the 94-95 section has the same thread on the first page that it did a week before. I guess its because people are scared to ask the newbie questions whereas here, there are all kinds of basic questions being asked an answered constantly.

StangNet 94-95 > Corral 94-95