difference in 65 and 66 intake

• Sponsors (?)

I know the C40Z9424H - was a cast set up that will work .. it was used on 64-68 289s (except the GT350) and the 68 302 4bbl

There is also a part number C90Z9424D which is an aluminum manifold, it was used on 65-68 GT 350s Stangs, with either the 289 or 302 ...

there may be other applications

hope this helps

289 4V

65intex said:
Currently I have the 289 2v. I was looking for a 4v intake that was used on the Hi-Po cars. So D.Hearne there is no difference?? The manifold I am looking at had C60E on the manifold.

65intex,

Where are you located? I have a 289 cast iron 4V manifold from my 65 that you can have if you pick it up. I don't really want to ship it because it weighs 44lbs. I'm in the San Diego area.

Brad

mustbereel, I would love to buy it from you but I am in texas. I would love to see some pics if you could get some. Is it in good condition? Also I would be willing to pay for shipping if you could find out what it would be. Thanks

[QUOTE='68StangGT]I know the C40Z9424H - was a cast set up that will work .. it was used on 64-68 289s (except the GT350) and the 68 302 4bbl

There is also a part number C90Z9424D which is an aluminum manifold, it was used on 65-68 GT 350s Stangs, with either the 289 or 302 ...

there may be other applications

hope this helps[/QUOTE]
The C90X intake didn't appear until late 68, so it wasn't factory installed on anything due to it's release date and the fact that it was an over-the-parts counter item. The "Cobra" high rise was the original incarnation of this intake and the one used on the Shelby's. The old Edelbrock F4B was another, and it's stlll available new as the Ford Racing A321.

65intex said:
Currently I have the 289 2v. I was looking for a 4v intake that was used on the Hi-Po cars. So D.Hearne there is no difference?? The manifold I am looking at had C60E on the manifold.
The C6OE would be "correct" for a 289 Hi-po, and will fit any other 289, but a better intake would be one of the other's I listed in the above post. ("Cobra" high rise, F4B, C90X or the A321)

They come up on ebay all the time. Like I said, $50 is about max, as to what one's worth. Pay any more and you're tossing money down the drain. The Shelby, Cobra, and C9OX will also be correct for your engine, as they're period correct and were dealer installed items as well as offered over the counter at Ford dealerships. You'd be surprised as to what the dealers offered "back in the day" for induction. You could also get 2x4, 3x2 and Weber 2x4 setups for 289's thru the dealer.

D.Hearne said:
The C90X intake didn't appear until late 68, so it wasn't factory installed on anything due to it's release date and the fact that it was an over-the-parts counter item. The "Cobra" high rise was the original incarnation of this intake and the one used on the Shelby's. The old Edelbrock F4B was another, and it's stlll available new as the Ford Racing A321.

sorry = I wasn't trying to mislead anyone here ... I was looking thru the parts interchange manual .... maybe what it was saying was, that the C90X would fit an earlier model

I personally have not tried it ... just trying to pass on some info

good luck with whatever you decide to use

[QUOTE='68StangGT]sorry = I wasn't trying to mislead anyone here ... I was looking thru the parts interchange manual .... maybe what it was saying was, that the C90X would fit an earlier model

I personally have not tried it ... just trying to pass on some info

good luck with whatever you decide to use[/QUOTE]
:D Just wanted to set the record straight:nice: These are great intakes and most now underrate them. :shrug: