Difference In Coupe/Convertible Trunk Carpet?

• Sponsors (?)

Theres a diff in the molded sides.

What do you need a carpet set for a coupe?
I'm currently working on making a mold to form carpet to match the OEM carpet panels.

Actually I'm getting guy who owns a carpet shop to help do this.
He has had a few cars that he has redone the insides in mags so I think it will turn out pretty close to stock carpet.

Anyone ever thought about putting stainless steel sides in the trunk and just having carpet in the floor section?

My trunk sucks a$$ other than I like a coupe style.
I wish there was more room.
Hell my 10# NOS tank takes up half the trunk.

Basically, when I bought my car all it had was that little piece of crap "mat" and nothing else....bare metal. I thought I could buy new carpet for it, then found out nobody sells it. I want mine like this...don't care about the netting though.
attachment.php

Attachments

• aaa-trunkcarp.jpg
    aaa-trunkcarp.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 172
I hope to have a mold made in a coupe weeks.
(guy thats helping me is pretty busy. So it's when he has free time.)

I have a almost mint set of trunk panels and floor carpet we are using to make plans and a mold.

I wouldn't really feel good selling you them but if your interested maybe we could split the cost of the carpet and I'll just knock out 2 sets.
I am also going to talk to the guy that owns the shop and see if I can't get him to start making them.
I'm going to use some cheapo trunk carpet left over stuff from his shop to make the demo panels.
If you will PM me in a couple weeks I'll let you know how it's going or if it happens sooner I'll post in this thread.