Difference in tilt-vs-non-tilt steering column covers?

boostfrk

10 Year Member
Aug 30, 2011
Colorado
As the title says, is there a difference between tilt and non-tilt steering column covers? I just recently swapped a non-tilt column from an '85 into my '90 and of course the column covers don't line up quite right. I can make it work, it just doesn't look quite right. I'm trying to determine if this is because of the year difference ('85-vs-'90) or because of the non-tilt -vs- tilt difference.

• Sponsors (?)

I havent really looked at a 4 eye interior in a while but I would say that the covers on the two different interior designs would be different. you can probably find a set of tilt covers from a 87-89 on ebay reasonably priced or might get lucky in a pick and pull and find some there.

I havent really looked at a 4 eye interior in a while but I would say that the covers on the two different interior designs would be different. you can probably find a set of tilt covers from a 87-89 on ebay reasonably priced or might get lucky in a pick and pull and find some there.

I saw a picture of a '90 with a non-tilt column, and the colum cover looked very different from what I have now, so I'm thinking maybe I need a non-tilt column to make it look right.