Differences In Sn95 Brakes....

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
I've already done a 5 lug swap, and to my knowledge I have 94-95 spindles, and front and rear calipers and everything are from an 03 GT..... I recently came across a Baer big brake kit, PBR cobra style 13" slotted brembos, couple sets of pads, all fittings etc for like $300... I believe it is for 96-04 only. Does anone know if it will work or 94-spindles? Or will i need 96-up....or is the only reason it says 96-04 Is because it requires hydroboost? Secondly, I've also seen aftermarket kits made by Baer that are for the rear as well, but they say the same thing, 96-04. What's the difference in 94-95 And 96+ rear brakes? Is It just the use of hydroboost as well? Thanks !

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Got a pic?

There's not enough of a difference to stop me from buying it. Rear brakes there's really no difference in the 94/04 years other than the axle lenght in 1999+ but even that has no impact on the brakes.

Are they the pad-guided PBRs or the pin-guide?

I'm not sure of difference, and I cannot find any information online, as Baer no longer makes them.... But I feel like it's worth it. The rotors are brembo and were like $200 a piece. Owner has a fox he track races and said that the rotors and pads on it were used on one track weekend only. Comes with a brand new set of green racing plads as well, I forgot the manufacturer though. Regardless, here's a photo. I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger. I'm going to do a coyote build, so I would have hydroboost already, I just want to make sure I'm buying the right stuff

Attachments

• 20171123_093544.jpg
    20171123_093544.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 244
Those are just basically the 99-04 Cobra PBR setup, but with the baer logo on the calipers. Should be the larger 40.5mm pistons.

I ran the same calipers for a while with the Sn95 cobra rears. Used a 1" 1993 cobra MC and 93 cobra/SN95 booster. Stopped great.

You really don't need to go too crazy with rear brakes on these cars. They are so light out back that during heavy braking, you really need to worry about locking up the rear. You can go with the baer setup, but the Sn95 cobra setup is probably all you need realistically.

Reactions: 1 user