Different Head Gaskets???

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey alright what I need to know is what size head gaskets do i need to buy..Im really confused on it because I know i should go with fel-pros, but when i look online at like jegs, or summit, they have them all dif. sizes and diamters and whatever for 5.0's..and i have no idea what matches. I have a 1990.. and im using thumper heads on a new 306 from DSS racing...so what EXACTLY do i need?
next question..do i need to buy or is it worth the money to buy a HIgh torque starter...whats the benefit from it...the mods im doing is dss short block, thumper heads, gt40 intake, e-cam, new lifters,frpp shorties,and various other small induction bolt ons and so on...msd igntion...i know they say the high torques are for high compression like 10 and over..but i dont think ill have that??? soo...whats the answer..
and the other question i have...cam lube..SHOULD i use the ford racing stuff or can i pick up some decent stuff at autozone..thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

ok.. head gaskets... you want 9333pt1s.. they are sold each.. (it might be 9333pt2 I forget)...

high torque starters are nice in the fact that they are smaller.. easier to work around, easier to remove and reinstall, have more cranking power.. I have had the FRPP one for a few years now.. love it.

as far as cam lube.. you dont use it.. you have a roller cam.. just put a decent amount of oil on the cam before you slide it in.

you also dont have to 'break in' hydraulic roller cams..

hth.

Adam

well the gaskets u just said sn9550 said they are for aluminum heads..and as i wrote above, im using thumper heads...sooo..im not getting very good answers here..
alright the gaskets i took off my stock heads looked like they were good ones..they Said FELPRO on them..and also said FORD. they were black, and had little orange like additional seals around the water jackets and stuff for a better seal i guess....do i use them again? maybe they were the stock ones but i dunno...they have FELPRO on em...

Try Felpro 1011-1 but I think they're for the older heads. If you just want stock replacement head gaskets go to the Ford dealer or to Autozone etc. Don't re-use head gaskets. Better yet email Thumper and see what he recommends.