Different size F+R wheels

SADL-UP

Jun 19, 2005
Massachusetts
I was just curious if anyone is running different diameter front and rear wheels. I would like to see some pics with different setups. For example: 17"x8" front with 18"x10" rears or 18"x8" fronts with 19"x9.5" rear, etc. I am interested in this configuration mostly for the looks...

Post 'em up

• Sponsors (?)

I considered this very thing, but then I saw it on a car and decided against it I really dont care for it.

In order to keep your speedo accurate you would have to do one of two things, first you could reprogram the computer with a tuner, if this requires going to a shop it seems impractical and far to costly. Second you could avoid the shop and get lower profile tires for the bigger wheels which would be in the rear...but you talk about retarded, put a taller tire on the front of a rear drive car...that looks terrible, especially the bigger the wheel.

I recommend doing all one size and keeping it simple and cost effective. The looks are NOT worth the extra money, especially when it looks BAD!!!

okay, no responses...

Well, is there any practical reason NOT to do different sizes? Or is it that no one likes the look of the smaller/larger setup?

If your '04 is equipped with ABS/Traction control, than different size wheels will mess with the system and cause it to shut down due to different rotational rates of the wheels.

You can adjust tire size as close as posible, as i beleive there is a 3% variation allowed. Just something to be aware of