Different when hot

Thebluefox1

Jun 28, 2022
Pasadena
Thanks in advance for responses

When I start the car it runs and brakes normal but after a while of running I think when it gets hot the brake pedal is hard and barely moves but it still brakes and I need to press the accelerator deeper for it to run I think it is the caliper because it smells like brake pads but would it not work when it’s cold as well?

• Sponsors (?)

I would rebuild the front brakes, pads, rotors, calipers and hoses.
The main problem likely is the caliper seizing up or the hose has collapsed on the inside. JMO and not based on any real mechanical training.

You can do that.
But think about it a minute, both calipers are the same age (or should be) and suppose to be replaced in pairs, same thing with the hoses, they are likely original.
brakes are something that needs to be in tip-top operating condition.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for pointing that out because I change pads and rotors but I’m not sure about the calipers
If you recently installed new pad, its a Good chance when you pushed the caliper pistons back in they are now hanging up on the crud on the caliper walls and pistons....
Did you ever flush your brake lines?? A needed service that most people do not do.

Last edited:
When the brakes get all wonky donkey, can you Jack up the wheels and spin them and see which ones are seizing up?

There’s a lot this could be. Bad calipers. Collapsing hoses. Crud in the brake fluid causing a blockage because rust is in the system?

One of these things where you really need eyes on the car to properly diagnose.

I would narrow down what wheels the issue is on (front most likely) and go from there.