Difficulty of removing Cylinder Heads?

I'm wondering how difficult it is, to remove the cylinder heads. Without taking out the engine.

I want to port and polish them, but I don't have the ability to take the engine out myself. Nor do I really want to pay someone to do this stuff for me.

Mainly I'm concerned with the timing chain, and exhaust manifold.

I want to have my local muffler shop put long tubes and cat back on.

If I wanted to work on the heads after this. Would it be harder?

• Sponsors (?)

They get done while motor is in. There is a decent amount of technical knowledge that you need to know. This site is full of all the information that you will need. Read on and don't be afraid to ask questions.

They get done while motor is in. There is a decent amount of technical knowledge that you need to know. This site is full of all the information that you will need. Read on and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Cool, I thought I was being paranoid. Of course I will study study study before I ever attempt to dismantle my engine like that.

Just looking for a fun project before investing in twisted wedge heads.

My grandpa advised upgrading the top end, valves and springs while I'm in there.

Waiting on a cam for after the Forged bottom end. And bullet intake.

Your ready to really go at it. Make sure everything goes in marked bags, and cleaned as you go. Consider painting all your brackets with an aluminum finish. Lucky you I wish I had the funds to do that, so keep us posted with pictures so you have a nice story to go along with it.

I wonder how much a pair of used PI heads are going for? It would be good to have a second pair to do the work and on and wait for the machine shop to do any valve work on without the car being torn apart.