Difficulty sourcing Novi 2000 parts? Advice please!

Over the winter I am going to begin piecing together a blower kit for my '01 Bullitt. I'm looking at Vortech V-1's and Novi 2000's. I found a great deal on a Novi 2000 headunit, oil lines, 12lb pulley (which ill replace with a 9 or 10lb), and the brackets and hardware for $1000. I am somewhat worried about sourcing the rest of the Paxton specific parts for the build, though such as the discharge piping and any of the small other components necessary.

I plan on running either an SVT Focus pump or Aviator pump, Lightning MAF, 42lb injectors, and a powerpipe. I won't have any problems getting these parts, but I haven't seen anywhere online to get replacement Paxton parts. If I were to get a Vortech, superchargersonline.com sells pretty much anything under the sun, but I really like the fact that the Novi blower gives me a lot of room to grow.

My questions are, do you think $1k is a good deal for the partial Novi kit? Can anyone suggestion a V-1 being better for me? Where can I source Paxton parts such as the discharge piping for a Bullitt intake, and any of the other small parts?

I haven't put together a kit like this before and I don't want to start collecting parts and have it be so costly that it would have been better to just buy a complete used kit. I figure for $2k, I can get everything I need to install the kit (non-intercooled for now), and probably another $500-700 for a tuner and a dynotune.

Please help! Any suggestions and input would be excellent!

• Sponsors (?)

stprorolla69...Paxton and Vortech are sister companies. The V1 is an older model unit. It's been updated about 2 or 3 times but it's still a good blower. You can actually spin it faster than a V2. The S-Trim is comparable to the Novi 1000. The T-Trim is comparable to the Novi 2000. For $1000 you're getting a steal. Just make sure that nothing is wrong with it. Even if there is you can send it in for a rebuild for $300 which still makes your deal a steal. As far as the Vortech tho, I'd say find out if it is a S or T trim. If it is an S then get the Novi. If it's a T then it's a matter of preference.

As far as a discharge pipe for a Bullitt I'd say try to see if one specific for a Cobra will work. Finding a discharge pipe for a Bullitt is not an everyday occurrence. Check all the popular websites ( Ebay, etc...). Or just spring for one from superchargersonline. And Vortech parts are interchangeable with Paxton so you shouldn't have any problems there. I think you can even interchange the brackets...and don't forget you're gonna need a tuner also.

stprorolla69...Paxton and Vortech are sister companies. The V1 is an older model unit. It's been updated about 2 or 3 times but it's still a good blower. You can actually spin it faster than a V2. The S-Trim is comparable to the Novi 1000. The T-Trim is comparable to the Novi 2000. For $1000 you're getting a steal. Just make sure that nothing is wrong with it. Even if there is you can send it in for a rebuild for $300 which still makes your deal a steal. As far as the Vortech tho, I'd say find out if it is a S or T trim. If it is an S then get the Novi. If it's a T then it's a matter of preference.

As far as a discharge pipe for a Bullitt I'd say try to see if one specific for a Cobra will work. Finding a discharge pipe for a Bullitt is not an everyday occurrence. Check all the popular websites ( Ebay, etc...). Or just spring for one from superchargersonline. And Vortech parts are interchangeable with Paxton so you shouldn't have any problems there. I think you can even interchange the brackets...and don't forget you're gonna need a tuner also.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize that Vortech and Paxton were sister companies, I guess than makes it easy to find what I'll need. I think 375-400hp will be pretty easily attainable with 8-10 lbs of boost from the Novi 2000. Hopefully I'll be able to make this all work out nicely by piecing it together. It'll really allow me to get exactly all the parts I want.