Digital dash?

• Sponsors (?)

Those were pretty popular back in the 90s, I think you could order them straight out of the Summit catalog. Used to see those in all sorts of hot rods before the Rat/Trad scene came on.

Nordskog also makes one. I'd bet that's what you see in that car. A friend of mine had one in his Fox, it's pretty cool. I wouldn't want one but it's not awful.

I thought digital dashes were cool until I had two different vehicles with a stock digital dash. NEVER ... EVER ... AGAIN. :notnice:

Every time the light hits it directly, you can't see jack-squat. Readings are always delayed compared to mechanical gauges. Sending units always having issues and giving you all kinds of crazy readings. And if it's really, really cold out, you get all kinds of funky displays of stuff. Just my experience with digital dashes, though, and only with OEM units. Aftermarket might be a different story, but I can sure think of MUCH better ways to spend $500 on a car. :shrug:

I don't think you should categorize all digital dashes that way.

I've got a racepack digital dash (replaces the stock cluster). I can use it to monitor every sensor on the car without requiring a dash and A-piller full of gauges. It's nice to look down and see RPM, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost, AFR, and anything else from one gauge. I can check to see what the maxes and mins were for each input. It has a shift light, and can even datalog, though I haven't learned how to do that yet. It cleans up the rest of the dash nicely.

Chris

There's just something sexy about a twitching needle on a tachometer that makes analog gauges awesome. But I have to say, digital gauges have their place, and I've seen some really cool setups.

The racepak with a florida5.0 looks beautiful, I'd love to be have one. The stock gauges arent bad, and neither is a set of autometer's in the stock locations, but everything that the racepak can do it fantastic for not having gauges everywhere like fastdriver said.

P1070058.jpg